Rotisserie Chicken

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Rotisserie Chicken

Post by LittlePrincess »

Okay, I know we are allowed to eat rotisserie chicken breast with the skin removed.  Here is my question.  Are we allowed to eat the whole chicken including dark meat? 
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Re: Rotisserie Chicken

Post by EnJae »

Hey "Little";

No the dark meat has more fat in it and we are concentrating on the lean meats. [chicken breast, lean beef, lean pork (for some), fish, lean turkey]

I didn't write you directly today. I've been busy volunteering all day with Red Cross and for the National Council on Children's Illustrated Literature (NCCIL). It is after 2am and I am just now getting around to checking voice mail.  See you tomorrow.
EnJae
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

What wonderful volunteer work, Enjae! Anything that involves children and reading is tops in my book! :) ......nyKath
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

*sighs*  I have been eating the chicken without the skin including the dark meat.

Post by joecaracappa »

It goes like this: breast meat is the leanest, then it is a toss up between the thighs and the legs and the worst (for us) are the wings.

I personally eat dark meat as well (skinless) because there are worse things out there (I just eat less of it) although I prefer to eat breast meat whenever I can and I never eat wings.

I usually fill out my plate with beans and corn or other vegtables and this seems to be working.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Joe,

Thanks so much for your input.  :)  I don't eat the wings because I can't get the skin off of them.  LOL  I'm glad to hear this is working for you.  I try to buy the skinless boneless chicken breasts and cook them at home, which is what I did this week.  However, I do sometimes buy the rotisserie chicken and have been eating the dark meat as well since I live alone.  One chicken makes four meals for me most of the time.  So, it's not only a good time saver but a good money saver as well.  Hopefully this will work for me as it's working for you. 

You know, this is just a side note, but it seems like everytime I run into something I think is going to be a problem on this program I find out it's really not.  And my desires are changing now too.  I turned down an invitation to go eat chinese with my friends this week.  Not because I felt I couldn't go, but because I made a decision to go home and eat the LDL way because I wanted too.  That was HUGE for me!  ;D  God Bless all of you for sharing with me and helping me find my way so far.  *Hugs*

(In Faith) Little Princess

Post by nyKath »

Hi LP! Isn't it wonderful to have a new outlook and find the power within yourself to stick to your convictions??!! After all, it IS all in our heads. If your head is set right, you'll be a success! :) ....... nyKath
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

LittlePrincess:

You CAN eat Moo Goo Gai Pan at a Chinese restaurant, in fact you can eat eggplant and veal parmigiana (remove the cheese first) in an Italian and fajitas in a Mexican place. There is always (well, most of the time) a way to have the server bring it to you YOUR way. In many places you can glance at the menu to get an idea of what they have in the kitchen to work with. Recently I ordered a Southwest salad buy first asking the waitress what was in it . I did some editing and was eating LDL. Many places will concoct something for you. Don't be afraid to call ahead and don't be afraid to challenge the cook, they usually welcome the opportunity.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Guys 

Yes nyKath it is!  ;D  It truly is!!

Joe you are so right.  This place is a buffet type thing but I think the cook MIGHT fix me some moo goo gai pan.  I'll have to ask.  I'm just feeling so happy that God has given me this plan to follow and that there always seems to be an answer to any problem or question I might have.  *SMILES*  Have I mentioned lately that you people ROCK?  LOL

Post by LittlePrincess »

Thank you mary  ;D  I can't wait until I am skinny.  *Hugs*