any nuts /seeds needed?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

any nuts /seeds needed?

Post by chewy »

can we just eat fruit ,vegetables and beans ,corn and skip all nuts/seeds/added fats as a vegan?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: any nuts /seeds needed?

Post by LINDA RN »

I would caution skipping all dats as fats are necessary for brain function. So go with the healthy Omega 3 fats
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/20/17
Since we are cutting out the meats, we are getting less fats. If you follow the alkaline/acid chart, you will find that meats fall in the range of acid foods. Remember the body likes to be slightly alkaline. Eating too much meat can cause the uric acid to rise in the body and gout. Quinoa is one of the few grains that is alkaline. Oatmeal and rice are only slightly acid. Legumes and grains make a complete protein. Corn is also a grain. Tofu is also on the alkaline lists. If you are not eating bread you need some grains, so I would pick them from the alkaline list or maybe oatmeal which is only slightly acid. The good news is that Roger's program covers fruits and veggies in abundance that are on the alkaline list. Enjoy life and live abundantly.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/22/17
I found an article about high protein, low carb diets for vegetarians and vegans. The recommendations fit in with LDL beautifully. Many of the recipes on the boards can be used with minor variations. am learning that my own recipe are better than buying the expensive analog. They are too expensive, have too much salt, chemicals and preservatives. I prefer eating real food. You can find this at the following site: https:www.healthline.com/nutrition/low-carb-as-a-vegetarian Select how to eat high protein low carb as a vegan. They give a weekly menu and a site to get free recipes. Life is unfolding as it should.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11