butter spray

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
niki

Re: butter spray

Post by niki »

well kizah.......aren't you all ready for a lifestyle change with your popcorn maker in hand?.....
  this is a wonderful way of eating...losing weight without ever being hungry.....welcome to our boards.....niki
ps..i'm going to look for this popcorn maker..thanks
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Me too, Niki!  After I read Kizah's post earlier in the day, I went and "Googled In" "Whirley-Pop"... wondering if Bed Bath and Beyond might have it...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

My hubby eats alot of popcorn on  LDL and he doesnt care for the spray olive oil either however after experimenting with the different allowable sprays etc...he now uses extra virgin olive oil poured from the bottle and he shakes it around to distribute it thoroughly...he claims it tastes better than the spray....me?? I will eat it plain!
Kizah

Post by Kizah »

I know you used to be able to buy the Whirley-Pop at Target and Walmart, but that was a while back.  They sell it online for about $20 and it's sooo worth it.  I have had mine for about five years and use it at least three times a week.  It doesn't look pretty anymore, but tastes divine!
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Post by Aspentroll »

I live in Alberta , Canada and some of the products mentioned on LDL are not
available where I live.  We have a product called Becel margarine and I found a spray by Becel.  I was wondering if anyone on LDL has seen this product and if it is a "goodie" or a "baddie".  :-\ It tasted pretty good, but so does ice cream.

Aspentroll
niki

Post by niki »

could you write out the ingredients....thanks....niki
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Post by Aspentroll »

Sorry Niki, the main ingredients are: water, soybean oil, salt, followed by a
whole bunch of x, y's and z's, lecithin, beta carotine, potassium sorbate, artificial  flavor and calcium di-something or other.  It sounds kinda toxic, maybe I should use it over in the shop in place of WD 40 rather than putting it on food.

Aspentroll.  ???
niki

Post by niki »

hi....i would say that that sounds alright......i'm just not sure about the x's,y's and z's....i went over the ingredients of smart balance and posted on these boards with a link to their response for why they use palm oil in their margarine............i wonder if you can get smart balance...................niki
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Post by Aspentroll »

Thanx Niki, I'll keep on looking.

Aspentroll.  8)
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

okay, I got me a misto and am using olive oil on my popcorn now.  I just might get used to it.  It's that new name you gave me that helped, I'm sure:  Olive Oyl.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Buttercup  8)  aka Olive Oyl
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Buttercup aka Olive Oyl

OFF TOPIC TOM ALERT:

Well blow me down !! Olive Oyl !! Sounds like some type of lubricents!! - Popeye !!

I still like the name Buttercup because it reminds of me the Princess Bride. This is one of favorite movies of all time. If you never seen it, watch it - especially if you have children. It's a wonderful love story !! Aaaaaaassssss Yooooooouuuuuuuu Wiiiiiiiiisssssssshhhhhhhhh
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I just purchased a West Bend Stir Crazy popcorn popper.  I love it.  Just add the oil and corn, plug it in...and it pops almost every kernel.  It is super easy...and super good!

We got ours at K-Mart.  They also have them at Target and Kohl's (I think).  The cost:  $29.95.  It has a stir rod in the bottom of the pot and it stirs it around and around.

Just thought I would tell you.  Have a great THANKSGIVING Day everyone!

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I'll check out the movie.  Thanks.  Buttercup  O. O. for short