can someone help a sista out

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
highschoolskinny

can someone help a sista out

Post by highschoolskinny »

I am a newbie (hello everyone) not quite high school skinny just my desire to be. I am waiting for my book. i ordered from barnes and nobel and it will take three weeks. at this point i am desperate! I read that Mr. Roger will be here in philly on Sunday and i even posted to see if i could get a book faster. Can anyone just get me started with what to eat until i have my book?

thanks a million
Mike

Re: can someone help a sista out

Post by Mike »

I am not the "resident expert" but I can tell you that to get started you should eat all of the sweetest fruits and vegetables you want. That will help take away the cravings for un-natural sugars. Also eat lots of beans as you eat your veggies. Eat protein only at lunch. Feel free to eat popcorn, fruit, WASA crackers for snacks in the evening. You can eat the popcorn anytime.  Be sure to eat every meal until you are full. NOT STUFFED, just full. No breads, cakes, pasta, anything with flour in it and read the labels on everything you eat to make sure that you do not get too much fat, or sugar. Try to make everything you eat either NO FAT or NO SUGAR, or lite everything. This eliminates the need to count.  This should get you a good healthy start.  I am sure there will be more posts added to this... Good luck and we're glad you chose LDL... Mike
niki

Post by niki »

hi hss.....the way that it works is that the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and gets rid of the cravings.....the beans and fruit maintain those stable blood sugars and keep you full and satisfied............while i waited to get the book,i cut out sugar and junk food and by the time i did that,the book arrived and i got started.............
  to be young with this program of eating in your hand makes you VERY fortunate......welcome to our boards...i wish you success...................niki 
CJ

Post by CJ »

Thanks Niki:
I found this right away. It is now printed out and I can start doing inventory, making a grocery list of stuff I have never purchased and in the meantime I better make dinner (chicken). I do have olive oil (use it on my skin) and honey so it is a start!! I feel worn out getting to this point. Thanks again.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I 2nd that sentiment!!!! THANKS Tom for all you do here on the boards!
niki

Post by niki »

marysimmons wrote:Don't we ALL just LOVE Tom so much?!?! ;D
Tom, you have more wisdom and compassion in your little finger than most of us do in our whole bodies. 

mary,you are ABSOLUTELY right...and the boards just wouldn't be the same without him..he's always there to advise,to build up and encourage.....thank you, tom....niki
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

What happened to Tom's post that was on this thread about how to get started?  This used to be two pages long. This is where I've been directing everyone & OOPS.... nothin's here.  I'm going to paste in an old copy of it I had saved in my documents just so people won't be confused as to why I sent them here.  If this is no longer supposed to be here for some reason, will someone please let me know?  Thanks!  my notes are in brackets: [...]

Basically the big NO NO’s are:
Breads, grains, nuts, seeds, starches (this includes: breaded foods, dextrose, gluten, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.), sugar [color=black][search for 101 Names for Hidden Sugar]

What you are permitted:
Beans: Great source of protein (especially eaten in conjunction with corn - makes a complete protein)

Fruit (either alone or as a smoothie)

Meats: meats, chicken (skin removed), fish – should be eaten only at lunch, however there are exceptions.

Vegetables
-------------------

You need to eat as often as you can [whenever you are hungry,] and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED).

Your meals should consist of the following:

Breakfast and Supper: should consist of only beans, fruits and vegetables (there are exceptions). .

Lunch: is where you eat your (lean) meat protein, along with your beans/fruits/vegetables (there are exceptions).

DO NOT SNACK IN BETWEEN MEALS. However, if you find yourself hungry (during the day or night time), then eat fresh fruit, allowed vegetables, popcorn. Remember, in the beginning it's important to eat as often as you can [whenever you are hungry,] and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL .

Remember, just because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening). Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".

As Roger Troy has said many times:  You need to eat as often as you can [whenever you are hungry] and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb recipes. Seems the body can't tell the difference between a non-fattening starchy carbs and a fattening starchy carbs . When you eat the non-fattening starchy carbs you eliminate your cravings for the fattening starchy carbs.

He also states: You also need to eat as often as you can [whenever you are hungry] and as much as you want of all the sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies) until your body just doesn't crave the sweets anymore. Once again the body can't tell the difference between fruit and/or processed sugars, so when you eat the fruit sugars it eliminates your cravings for the regular sugar foods.

You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings. And after awhile, your body will start to crave the suitable (substitute) foods.[/color]
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 30th, 2009, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage