Backsliding Big Time!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
minnieme

Backsliding Big Time!

Post by minnieme »

Hi Everyone!  I hate to ask for prayer for such a small problem but I've been backsliding (cheating) on my ldl program.  I don't know why, but whenever I reach a certain number on the scale I start sabotaging myself.  It's almost as if deep down I don't believe I deserve to be thin and healthy...so I'm asking for you, my ldl family, to pray for me to get back on track. Thank you all in advance. 

In Christ, Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
BigBen

Re: Backsliding Big Time!

Post by BigBen »

Hey Miss Mary don't worry cuz I think I know whats happening to you and the reverse thing is happening to me.  U will be ok.  In every group of people in a town or a job or a family there are people who are named by the others like all these different things.  He is the fat one or he is the smart one or he is the white guy or he is the guy with the dorky glasses.  Maybe yous still see yourself as she is the fat one.  IM having problems cuz I am the fat one and no one things its good that i don't want to be the fat one cuz thats who they think I am.  So IM not finding happyness from the people I know when i want to change the guy they want me to be.  Maybe if you just know that you can be someone else in the neighborhood instead of the fat one then you can be ok.  Ben 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Mary,

I am joining with you in prayer.  I can relate so much to what you are going through.  And Ben, he is completely right.  I have been clean and sober for 20 years this year.  However, I am just now beginning this journey to become healthy and thin.  One thing that I noticed when I was getting clean and sober was very hurtful but also very eye opening.  There are people in our lives who are ready for us to be clean/sober/thin etc....but they aren't ready for us to be happy.  Sometimes, they've told us for so long how "worthless" we are that we begin to believe it and act on it.

The good news is that God IS ready for us to be happy!  His word says, "My beloved, I would have above all things that you would prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers." 

That means that you ARE good enough and you ARE deserving.  He loves you with every ounce of his being.  He sees you as the beautiful, thin healthy woman that he created.  We are often our own worst enemies, but know this...  You are loved, you are worthy and you WILL do this!  If you didn't want to be successful you wouldn't have posted here.  (((((((Hugs))))))))  I am so proud of your courage in being honest.  We are all here for you.  You are a beautiful woman inside and out.  :)  Keep on keeping on, and one day at a time you, like the rest of us, will get there.

(In Faith)  Little Princess

P.S.  I apologize for the novel, but I just want to remind you that even Roger had setbacks along the way.  We are human beans (especially niki  *giggles*)  and human beings fall sometimes.  *Holds out my hand to help you up*  Come on sister, together we can do this.  *smiles*
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by minnieme »

Ben and Little Princess thank you both so much for your kind and healing words of wisdom.  They mean so much to me and I believe, I believe, I believe that I can be thin, I can be healthy, I can be whole with GOD's help and the help of this incredible LDL community of love...(((mucho hugs))) (((mucho smiles)))  Please know that your words tonight were like water to a very thirsty girl... :)  I can say that I already feel the strength of your prayers.

God Bless Us Everyone
In Christ, Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
Churchlady24
New, but learning

Post by Churchlady24 »

Hi Backslider bigtime!  This is Churchlady.  There is a very good book
called Life is Hard/Food is Easy by
Linda Spangler,RN.MA you might want to
explore.  I will be praying for you and please pray for me too.
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Hi Churchlady24...thanks for the info...I'm making my weekly trip to the library tomorrow so I will look for Linda Spangler's book.  I just prayed for you and I thank you for praying for me.  Have a GOD filled week!

Mary
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Dear Mary,
I had a bad weekend as well.  First off Friday nite we went to see Rodger Waters/Dark Side of the Moon Concert here in Chicago.  I think the few beers we had might have clouded our judgement the following day though because we were having some bad cravings the next day and neither one of us had any willpower.  I have been doing fabulously (9lbs in six weeks) Yesterday my husband and I had hash brown potatoes and country fried steak with gravy with our eggs and pancakes at breakfast (Dennys)so since we blew it we decided to eat at Al's Beef for dinner( beef sandwich, fries and a slice of pizza to share.  But this time is different from the other times Ive gone off my diets.  Usually once I cheated the diet was over for me.  This time however I felt very uncomfortable cheating.  In fact for the first time ever eating that kind of food I couldnt finish all that I ordered.  So PRAISE THE LORD I THINK MY STOMACH HAS SHRUNK SOME!!!!! This morning I couldnt wait to get back to smoothies and soup.  I was so relieved to see the scale hadnt moved any from our backsliding that I was thrilled to eat all the healthy appropriate foods I could today to make sure we are on track for this coming week.  My husband and I lived our lives around food for so long we are still adjusting to this new lifestyle and I fully expect to stumble a few times along our path to good health.  I pray that the good days outnumber the bad and that we are able to someday reach our goal.  We will keep trying till we get it right.  I so relate to the discussion over having to adjust your mind to believing we can be  the THIN PEOPLE since we have been the FAT PEOPLE for so long.  This morning at Church I just closed my eyes and said...."Please God get me back on TRACK!!!"
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
CMoe

Post by CMoe »

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been commenting to "back sliding big time" and giving encouragement because you have given them help and you have given me what I need to keep going.  Sometimes I "fall off the wagon" when my son or husband want to go out for dinner.  They know what my normal dinner routine is, but sometimes it is hard to stay on LDL when they are eating in front of me (and it looks good).  I do good most of the time, but there are those times when I just blow it big time too. 

Thanks again for "being there" and I am going to make it a habit to come visit this website more often.
People will forget what you did, people will forget what you said, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey guys...It happens. We cave. We're human and there are lots of tempatations out there, no matter how long we've been exercising, dieting, following LDL, etc. Just Forgive Yourself and get right back onto the plan. Your lapse was only momentary, even if it was of a few days' duration. You're not failures and you didn't sabotage your good efforts by straying. Please just get right back on the plan and continue on the path to a healthier and slimmer you. You CAN do it! :) ....NYKath
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Wow thanks NYKath...the way that I interpret your words...love yourself, be patient, be kind with yourself as you are with others...I have a tendency to be the hardest on myself and I thank you for the reminder to love myself.  I associate "shame" with "falling off the wagon" I will not do that anymore.  I will associate "love, patience and kindness to self" from henceforth.  I wish all a very blessed day!

Minnieme
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

CMoe...I'm so glad that this topic has helped and encouraged you...please do make it a habit to visit this website as often as you can...I know for me I would have already given up if it weren't for the support of this wonderful ldl community of brothers and sisters.  I don't think Roger will ever know how many lives his obedience has and will continue to touch and heal and change for the better...Mary
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:Dear Mary,
I had a bad weekend as well.  First off Friday nite we went to see Rodger Waters/Dark Side of the Moon Concert here in Chicago. 
DEBBIE

How was the concert? I am a huge fan of Pink Floyd and Roger Waters. I did not know he was in Chicago.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Gregg......AMAZING!!!!  Third row....front and center and after intermission they played entire Dark Side of the Moon album from beginning to end which in itself was worth the price of the very pricey tickets.  My husbands actually the HUGE FAN.......I was just along for the ride.  A little political for my taste.  http://www.roger-waters.com/  There are a few more places...maybe you can catch him at another venue!!!
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Ah, Pink Floyd and memories of high school....and I still enjoy Dark Side, too, cranked up in the car. Lucky you to get there, Deb! :) NYKath
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Well it took a day of smoothies and salad but I finally feel back in control. Yesterday was iffy.....I felt hungry all day but I just kept pushing the fruit and beans down and today Im feeling much better.  I dont anticipate straying very far off the path anytime soon.  Its much nicer to live your life craving free than struggling with temptations all day long.  I know in the past I'd have been off and eating again with a vengence but once I experienced living on LDL for a while and know how easy it is to be happy without junkfood and cravings free, why would I ever go back to eating like I did before? 
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
niki

Post by niki »

debbie...God bless you...that's just the stuff i love reading....i agree with you 100%....i hate those cravings...i hate being preoccupied with food.....WHY would i want to eat something that does that to me?.....that's why i stick with just the stuff that keeps me this way....AND how wonderful it is to be able to jump right back in.......keep up the good work....................niki
Last edited by niki on October 3rd, 2006, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAFORTWO

Post by TEAFORTWO »

Amen! :)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Wow! Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words. I know my hubby has done some back sliding of his own and just doesn't get that he needs to eat until full and satisfied of all the LDL approved foods. I keep trying to tell him he isn' t eating enough of the beans, peas, corn and fruit and that he needs to eat more at the meals in order to help stave off the cravings (He's one who LOVES his bologna and salami and ham sandwiches or PBJ sandwich). I will have him come to the website to read these postings if nothing else to try and encourage him to stay on course.
Thanks to you all and Thanks Roger for everything!
Veronica
(PS: I'm doing fine with little to no cravings and only 2 weeks into the plan!)
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Veronica,

with little to no cravings
.. That's what we love to hear !! Keep up the great work !!

Your bullying brother

Tommy
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”