Can I do ldl as a type 1 diabetic?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
iowawildrose

Can I do ldl as a type 1 diabetic?

Post by iowawildrose »

Hi everyone!  I'm new and I need some help.  I've been an insulin dependent diabetic for more than 30 years and the last 6 years my weight has become a serious problem.    About a year and a half ago, my doctors diagnosed me as morbidly obese and bariatric surgery was recommended.  After careful consideration, I decided it wasn't for me.  I have a fixed income and it's extremely difficult to get around.

I saw Mr. Wilson recently on a morning TV show and was very encouraged by his story.  I found the book at the library, read it, and I said to myself "Praise God!  I've found the answer!"    I called the phone number in the book, left a message,  and 2 hours later I was talking to Mr. Wilson on the phone.  What a thrill!  I began telling everyone about LDL.  After speaking with my doctors and dietitian, the question of how to use unlimited fruit and insulin-to-carbohydrate ratios are a few of my concerns.  I currently take Novolog 3 times a day and Lantus at night and test my sugar as many as 8 times a day.  I've been diagnosed as a brittle diabetic for many years.

This is my son's computer.  Since I haven't learned to use it yet, he's typing for me.  We hope to hear some good news soon.

God bless.
niki

Re: Can I do ldl as a type 1 diabetic?

Post by niki »

hi iowawildrose........you got very excited and rightfully so...this program of eating can really help you as it's helped so many others.....if you go on the medical success board and click on the topic "type 2 diabetes",you'll read what diabetics here have successfully accomplished on let's do lunch....so far,they have stated that they have had NO problems tolerating the fruit....i attribute this to the absence of the unhealthy carbs.....but,i always suggest to everyone that they keep a journal of what they're eating and what their blood sugars are at different times..i particulary suggest this to you because you are a brittle diabetic..i suggest they try the fruit by itself and also with something like soybeans or soynuts to see the difference in the way they're metabolized....to see if the blood sugars are more stabilized with the fruit with protein.....up til now,everyone has surprisingly said that they've been able to eat all the fruit they want...i've even told them to eat fruit in the morning only because of the possibility of the effect the fruit might have on their blood sugars...every diabetic is different......and ESPECIALLY because you're a brittle diabetic,you need to proceed with caution......so i would recommend to you that you start out by eating a meal of fruit in the morning and not eat fruit the rest of the day until you see how your blood sugars are responding...and to play it REALLY cautiously,i suggest that you start out eating some soy with the fruit so that it's is metabolized a little more safely for you as a brittle diabetic......keep us posted as to your success......when you are successful,please post on the medical success board under "type 2 diabetes" so that just as you are now going on that topic to find out what successes they have had,YOUR success can help someone down the road.............................
  God bless your endeavor.....................sincerely,niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Can I do ldl as a type 1 diabetic?

Post by Forever Young »

Hi Iowa Wild Rose,

Have your son check out on the medical success boards about the diabetes and diabetics.  Have him do a search about diabetes and you will see lots of success stories.
Welcome to the LDL boards and family!  Know that you will have success on this plan.

Forever Young
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!