Bolthouse Farms

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
princessvic

Bolthouse Farms

Post by princessvic »

Hi everyone,  Does anyone know if the bolthouse farms strawberry smoothie is ok to drink on ldl?  The ingredients are strawberry puree and banana puree and it also has no sugar added?
nyKath

Re: Bolthouse Farms

Post by nyKath »

Hey, PV! In looking at their ingredient lists on bevnet.com, they seem to be okay. My concern would be a large percentage of juices in these versus the purees. For the better satiety, making your own thick, blended, frozen fruit smoothie would be best as it will just stay with you longer. I love the "green" Bolthouse juice myself, but I'll add it to a smoothie I'm making myself for some added flavor or I'll buy it out of the house in a pinch if I've gotten too hungry. There was concern about the Vanilla Chai version of these drinks as one doesn't know if the soy milk is sweetened or not. And even though calories are not to be counted on LDL, these are mostly moderate calories for the blended drinks and of course have a high sugar content because of the fruits and fruit juices. Just some added info to look for, if you care to...:)  NYKath
princessvic

Post by princessvic »

Thanks for the reply,  I just thought in a pinch they would be ok to drink but i was not sure.  I thought for traveling they would be great because for breakfast I perfer to drink a smoothie.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

In about the only 10 minutes or so that I have in the morning, I tend to make my own smoothies. I put some juice, some Frozen Fruits, a banana, and some applesauce and cinnamon. Blend it all to make a really thick almost milkshake type smoothie! Sometimes I even add Frozen Soy Beans for extra protein to keep me on an even keel til lunch (as I drink this on my way to work at 5-530 am and lunch isn't til 12 or 1230). I also try to take a mini bag of 94% fat free popcorn for a snack at around 10 am or some frozen grapes for a snack. As I said this only takes me a couple minutes in the early morning and it not only saves me $$ but I know 100% for sure it's LDL approved!!!
Hope this helps!
Veronica