Chinese Bean Threads

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
jbw

Chinese Bean Threads

Post by jbw »

I have made it through my first week of LDL.    I have never asked God for help before with my own weight loss.  It seems it was a good idea since I have lost some weight this week and it wasn't very hard.

I have a question about using Bean threads as noodles in dishes.  Are they acceptable LDL ingrediants?

Thanks,

jbw
nyKath

Re: Chinese Bean Threads

Post by nyKath »

Hi JBW! A search shows that these "noodles" are made of ground up mung beans or mung bean flour. If they're 100% mung beans, they would be fine to use. But if the flour is a blend of anything else with the mung beans, then they would be a no-no for LDL. You might want to search for Shirataki noodles, made from a type of oriental yam I think they were. There are comments here about them if you do a Search. ...NYKath
HarleyGrandma

Re: Chinese Bean Threads

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Today I was in search of "Corn Thins" again.. still can't find them.. But I did find the flavored Stevia.  Bought the lemon flavored one to perk up my water once and awhile..  I also found a package of Corn Spaghetti by Mrs. Leepers.  The only ingredient is corn!!  anyone have this ???  what do you think??