whats your average weight loss per month??

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
christianjoy
New, but learning

whats your average weight loss per month??

Post by christianjoy »

hi guys, iam sooo impatient but i think that i can give this plan a fair tryand even if i only lose a little at a time, thats better than i have been doing. BUT i would like to think about what the average loss is just to kind of have the proper perspective --- hey im only human. thanks. take good care.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
nyKath

Re: whats your average weight loss per month??

Post by nyKath »

Hi Newbie! We really can't give you an average loss as we all start from different places - different sizes, prior dieting history or not, some of us exercise, some don't, chronic dieters versus nondieters, illnesses, metabolic disorders, etc. etc. Too many variables to have an "average" loss here. Some of us lose like a speeding bullet and others (me!) lose at a snail's pace. We're all different and all successful at our own paces. If you want some inspiration, then please check out the Success Stories boards and read the posts of those who've already been staying the plan and have lost successfully. Can't get better motivation than that! Good luck to you! ....:)  NYKath
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

NYKathy nailed it.

I know we’re a generation of instantaneous gratification. However in all my years of losing weight I’ve realized with instantaneous weight lost comes instantaneous weight gain. This isn't one of those miracle instantaneous weight loss programs. Those types of programs always fail. This is a way of life.

Any NYKathy mentioned, weight lost is affected by many factors. Everyone loses weight at different rates. It has to do with age, gender, one’s weight, exercise, etc.. Many may compare their lost to someone else’s, and get discouraged. Sometimes it is not the total of pounds that someone loses which is important.

As my doctor has stated, a 10 pound lost to one person could be as affected as a 30 pound lost to another. Here's why: If a 300-pound person loses 30 pounds, a 200-pound person loses 20 pounds, and a 100-pound person loses 10 pounds – the 300-pound person didn’t necessarily loose more weight then the other two. All three lost 10% of their body weight. Also remember if you are toning up muscles – your weight loss may seem slow, when in fact you are replacing fat with muscle.

For me, I let my pant sizes be the judge how well I am doing. 4 pants sizes since July 13 isn't so bad.

Think LONG TERM. Remember, “Slow and steady wins the race”. Remember, it tooks months/years to put on the weight. It's going to take months/yeas to take it off. But what you need to also know is you'll never be hungry or feel deprived. That’s the fantastic thing of LDL.
Last edited by tcasola on November 6th, 2006, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Tom and NyKath are EXACTLY right!   

*giggles and takes the bad spammer out of Tom's post and puts back the S_E_X word then whispers, It's the filter*

Welcome aboard!!  You'll be successful if you eat this way.  Guaranteed!   ;D

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Queenie »

LP - You're hilarious!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Nice CATCH !! DUH will I ever learn?
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Tom: I wish you'd been able to join us for lunch on the west coast yesterday! It was fun, but I'm sure if we'd had you and Joe together, Olive Garden would have kicked us out for Laughing too much!!!!
Veronica
Michael Thompson
New, but learning

Post by Michael Thompson »

I don't think I have lost any weight. Probably because I only do  LDL on weekdays! oh well, at least i am getting much better nutrition now! ;D
Are you good enough to go to heaven? take the test
http://www.livingwaters.com/good/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

christianjoy wrote:hi guys, iam sooo impatient but i think that i can give this plan a fair tryand even if i only lose a little at a time, thats better than i have been doing. BUT i would like to think about what the average loss is just to kind of have the proper perspective --- hey im only human. thanks. take good care.

I am losing about a pound and a half a week. But it is not consistant. I may go two weeks losing none and then lose three lbs. I then might gain a pound  only to lose two more. But I am on the right track and it is painless as I am not hungry nor do I crave. So even though I weigh myself and want to see results now, I rest in the comfort of knowing that I will get to where I am supposed to be.

God Bless you and yours,

Gregg
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

tcasola wrote:Nice CATCH !! DUH will I ever learn?

*Grins and puts on my catchers mask*  Swing Batter Batter!  hehe

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by EnJae »

I am averaging a pound a week right now.
niki

Post by niki »

christianjoy...i would like to welcome you to our boards....i would say that i am also one of the slow losers.....but,i lost about 40 pounds in about 9 months,averaging less than 5 pounds a month....twice,i wen't 2 months without losing anything...then all of a sudden,i would find myself 5 pounds thinner.....you have to look at the big picture...personally,i really didn't care HOW long it took me to lose the weight i wanted to lose....i was just so happy not to have cravings...
  michael....you have to saturate yourself with ldl foods until you have NO DESIRE to eat anything else....i know it's hard in the beginning,but i also think it's worth the effort.....if you have any questions about wether you're doing everything you should,let us help you....that's what we're here for..................sincerely,niki 
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

thanks everyone!!
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.