I hate to whhiiiine but......

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
mrsj
Master Member

Re: I hate to whhiiiine but......

Post by mrsj »

Oh, I forgot to give my vote.  I agree with Grammsuz.  Since she doesn't mind letting it be used.......then let it be used as fun for the kids.  No one gets any use with it in storage and you just can't predict that it will be used for one of the girls' wedding.........as wonderful an idea as that is.

It would be different if Grammasuz did mind.
mrsj
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: I hate to whhiiiine but......

Post by robnveronica »

See I put new netting on the veil for my wedding, but would have loved to have been able to wear my mom's dress had she been but a few sizes bigger! (like 7-8 sizes! LOL) And NO WAY IS SHE TO ALLOW THESE KIDS TO PLAY WITH IT!! My girls would have it totally destroyed beyond recognition in a matter of hours if not a couple days!

As for the christening gown idea...my mom saved mine/sisters christening gown and all 3 of my girls got to use it for their baptisms (as well as the blanket she had for it!) So they will one day get to use it for their girls (if they have any and want it!) For now gramma's gown is in her cedar chest, mine is in my cedar chest and the christening gown is in mom's cedar chest. Just waiting for my girls to grow up and use them! (Just not too soon I hope!!! They're already growing too fast!!!!)

Veronica