corn thins

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
niki

Re: corn thins

Post by niki »

boy,kay...i haven't eaten egg salad since i started let's do lunch...i was looking to see what we have here in the way of recipes.....i'm thinking that i could add some pureed garbanzo beans to the hard boiled eggs....MAYBE a little mayonaise....dried mustard....i like to slice olives on top of my egg salad....AND on top of a corn thin sounds great...thanks for the idea.............niki
Last edited by niki on February 7th, 2007, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imkay

Post by imkay »

i use 95% mustard and 5% mayo.  and it comes out great.  i don't like eggs and this is the one way i can eat them.  but only if it's warm. 
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Gene

Post by Gene »

Dear Jeannie P.

I live in Houston, Whole foods stores carry corn thins, that is where I buy them, also toasted soy beans, the chicken hot doys that LDL friendly.

In Christian Love

Gene
niki

Post by niki »

this was great,kay....i used pureed garbanzos,mustard and the eggs..i put cut up olives on top.....DELICIOUS.....i didn't even use any mayonaise....and the best way to boil eggs is to bring them to a boil with a cover on the pot and turn the stove off and leave them in the covered pot for 1/2 hour..they come out perfect..............niki
Last edited by niki on February 7th, 2007, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imkay

Post by imkay »

i will try them with the garbanzos next time. 

btw my 11 year old got to pick out  a side for dinner and he pulled out a can or garbanzo beans.  and the 3 year old got excited when he saw them.  haha!! love that my kids eat and enjoy beans.
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
niki

Post by niki »

i wish i could get my grandson to eat them.....garbanzos,at least...i think they're more fun to eat than other beans......finger foods for kids...carrot sticks and chick peas......niki
niki

Post by niki »

so that was a great idea ,kay,to put egg salad on a cornthin......egg salad,tuna salad,chicken salad,soynut butter,fat free or soy cheese.........WHAT ELSE are people putting on cornthins?..............ldlers want to know......niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I eat them with a little Smart Balance and Polaners.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yesterday when I got home from work, I took two corn thins, put a piece of soy cheese (jalapeno/cheddar) on it, then sliced a tomato & put that on the cheese.  Put the second corn thin on top & YUM!!  Had to eat it quickly and over the sink cause it made the corn thin soggy pretty quick... but boy, was it GOOD!!
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

a couple of times i tried to put bananas with soynuts in my mini food processor to make a topping for cornthins...but after grounding the soynuts and adding the banana,it needed more liquid to work...so i either put a little olive oil or water....but i found it dry and not that tasty.....
  THIS time,i thought i would use soynuts that i had already ground,so i pureed the banana first....well,the banana made a thin puree that didn't need any extra liquid(i microwaved a banana that i had frozen)and i gradually added as much ground soynut as it would take.........
  THIS is now delicious......and i know what i have to do....i have to have ground the soynuts beforehand....i'm going to try this with different fruit too........niki     
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

wanna ship some this way!? I'll let you!
niki

Post by niki »

cornthins or soynut/banana spread?.....i'll trade you for some california strawberries........niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

why the spread of course! I do just about anything so I don't have to cook/bake/fix anything!! I much prefer open, serve and eat!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

in that case,should we consult ben to find out which is the most reliable transport?....while i'm at it,would you like some hummus with fried peppers and onions?...niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Anything I don't have to cook is just fine!
Jami

Post by Jami »

imkay responded that she puts soy nut butter and cheese and eggs on her corn things.  Where do you get soy nut butter and what is it? And, what kind of cheese are you talking about?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

You can find soy nut butter at different health food type stores and the cheese is most likely the soy cheese
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yes, this is one of my favorite snacks...  mmmmm

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."