Frustrated and Need Help????

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
mikesbiz

Frustrated and Need Help????

Post by mikesbiz »

I am new to this and I need some help please.

I have the book and have read it twice now.  I am into my first week since the book arrived, and have done everything like the book suggested, and haven't seen ANY results.  I am still the same size, and get winded just walking across the room.  I eat a fresh fruit plate for breakfast, no snacks between meals.  Then for lunch I eat either a salad and a couple of chicken breasts, or some green beans and chicken.  Usually no snack bwtween lunch and dinner, then fresh fruit for dinner.  If I get hungry after that I eat a bag of Orvilles 94% fat free popcorn, and then maybe s few raisens before bed.  After all that still no results.  What am I doing wrong and how can I start loosing this weight that is killing me.  I would appreciate your help. 

Frustrated in Charlotte NC.....Mike :)
God Bless You
tcasola
Administrator

Re: Frustrated and Need Help????

Post by tcasola »

Mike,

All I can say is to be patient. This isn't one of those miracle instantaneous weight loss programs. Those types of programs always fail. This is a way of life. My doctor firmly believes the slower you lose weight, the better chance you have of keeping it off. My doctor reminded me that each pound I gained took time to put on, and it’s going to take some time to loose those same pounds. She reminded me that even if I lost only 1 pound per week, in year’s time I’d be 52 pounds lighter

We’re a generation of instantaneous gratification. However in all my years of losing weight I’ve come too realized with instantaneous weight lost comes instantaneous weight gain. No where in Roger’s book does it state you'll loose all that weight in x days. It may take years – just like it took years to put the weight on.

Think LONG TERM. That’s what I am doing. Remember the old adage “Slow and steady wins the race”.  Even if it take me over 5 years to loose all the weight I want to, I know in the long run I will be happy and healthier.

Another suggestion: for the first week, keep a journal of what you are eating – not the amounts, but exactly what. Then post it. In the beginning I too swore I was eating the correct things. I learned after I posted what I was eating, I needed to adjust my “menu”

See: http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http://letsdolunch.com/boards2/viewtopic.php?p=4918#p4918

Finally, make sure you are careful with the ingredients in the items you are eating. Personal example, I read in the book that we can eat refried beans – so I went out and bought cans of refried beans. I wasn’t loosing either, and couldn’t figure out why until I READ THE LABEL. The refried beans I purchased had lard and sugars in it. I switched brands, and I started losing. Roger always states, it’s “ingredients in, ingredients out” – meaning if you eat products with fat in them – they will cause you to be/remain fat.
Last edited by tcasola on January 21st, 2007, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Mike, Tom gave you really great advice! Roger always does say it's "Ingredients in and ingredients out" that's what matters. Many times you don't realize that they add sugar to items. Many canned beans have hidden sugars : like : Maltodextrin, cane juice, modified food starch, high fructose corn syrup!

You'll get the hang of this! also remember to drink lots of liquid (Ice tea, water etc)

Veronica
mikesbiz

Post by mikesbiz »

:)
Thanks to Tom and Veronica for your kind words and suggestions.  All the other plans I have tried in the past yielded some weight loss that first week.  I was thinking I would loose something, especially after following the plan strictly, but apparently not.  I haven't weighed yet but my clothes haven't gotten any looser or looking in the mirror I don't see any difference.  Maybe I have lost a little if truth be known.  I just haven't seen any difference yet.  I will write down what I eat and drink and watch the labels very closely.  However, what I am eating doesn't have labels, like fresh fruit and salad or green beans, and chicken breast. Yet I Will make the effort to Write it all down and make sure I am not taking any thing in I shouldn't. 

Thank you for your help and suggestions.  I really appreciate it more than you know.  I want this so badly and am trying very hard to adhere to all Roger wrote in his book.  I have to get this done this time.  God bless you both.

Mike
God Bless You
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Mike,
When I was following the plan very closely in the beginning, by the end of the second week....it was not actual weight I had lost persay....but the shape of my body changed signficantly.  I looked much smaller cause the size of my waist had drastically reduced even though the scale had not showed  much of a loss.  I felt embarrassed at tennis cause everyone was going on and on about how much weight I was losing and I hadnt lost more than maybe 3 or 4 lbs.  Since I have decided to start over as a beginner on this plan I will let you know if my experience has changed any since the first time.  This is Day One for me so I will let you know how I feel next monday.  Keep at it, there are plenty of people that are proving this plan works everyday if you just stick to it.
God Bless
Debbie
niki

Post by niki »

hi mike...i didn't see your post yesterday...welcome to let's do lunch...HERE is the help you need.....the program that will help you lose all the weight you want to lose because you're eating healthier......cutting out the sugars and unheatlhy carbs stabilizes your blood sugars and gets rid of the cravings...eating beans and fruit helps maintain those stable blood sugars keeping you feeling full and satisfied..........
  do yourself a favor and don't weigh yourself more often than once a month....in fact,especially in the beginning,forget about losing weight...tell yourself you're in this to eat healthier.....then, you eat heathier(eating until full)and watch yourself shrink......
  one of the reason let's do lunch is so doable is that you really don't feel like you're on a diet.....i lost REALLY slowly and i was very conservative in what i ate...because i have an underactive thyroid,i KNEW i wouldn't lose any weight otherwise................
  so keep doing what you're doing..that's great that you're not eating a lot of stuff with ingredients....i wish you success................sincerely,niki

imkay

Post by imkay »

welcome mike. 

don't get frustrated.  just concentrate on how good you feel.  the way you will sleep better, and for me no more heartburn!!! 

and i totally agree with niki.  GET RID OF YOUR SCALE!!!  use your clothes as a guide.  if you have to weigh, go the the Drs office or use a friends scale.  i don't keep one in the house.  too much temptation and i get frustrated if i don't see the numbers going down

i'm in charlotte too!!  when you get to 10 posts i'll email you
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Yes, Mike...PITCH the scales.  Just watch how your clothes start to get baggy and sag and just don't fit anymore.  They are a much better judge than those metal things we stand on!  You will lose the weight if you just...keep on keeping on...on LDL.  Eat until you are full of LDL allowable foods.  Eat, eat, eat...and get thin, thin, thin!!!  What more could we ask for???!!!

Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on January 24th, 2007, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Jeanie Partington
New, but learning

Post by Jeanie Partington »

Hi Mike.  I am a newbie, too.  I just started the LDL way of life on January 13th.  I am not getting on the scales.  You know, I read the posts here on the discussion board and I see that many, many people are having success.  So, I am trusting that it will work just as well for me.  I have used a saying for a very long time which is:  "Give me the recipe and I can bake a cake."  Well, now it is "give me the recipe to be healthy and lose my excess weight and I will do it."  I just never had the right recipe before.  I firmly believe that God gave Roger Troy the recipe and we are all benefitting from it.  I am not asking questions of how, why or how long.  I am not getting on the scales yet.  I just trust God that this is going to work for me like the many other people here that it is working for.  I see the before and pictures of Roger Troy.  I see that he has kept those 230 pounds off for years and years.  I am accepting on faith that since it worked for him, it will work for me too.  So I am following the plan one day at a time.  I am thanking God in advance that you and I will have success and wonderful results, Mike.

Jeanie
Give me the recipe to be healthy and lose my excess weight and I will do it.  I firmly believe that God gave Roger Troy the recipe and we are all benefiting from it.
Proud Aunt
New, but learning

Post by Proud Aunt »

Jeannie,
Yes I totally agree ...........could not have said it better.

Mike, Welcome!! I am a newbie but learning too.
Good Luck    It;s working for me so far. Take care
Jeanie Partington wrote:Hi Mike. I am a newbie, too. I just started the LDL way of life on January 13th. I am not getting on the scales. You know, I read the posts here on the discussion board and I see that many, many people are having success. So, I am trusting that it will work just as well for me. I have used a saying for a very long time which is: "Give me the recipe and I can bake a cake." Well, now it is "give me the recipe to be healthy and lose my excess weight and I will do it." I just never had the right recipe before. I firmly believe that God gave Roger Troy the recipe and we are all benefitting from it. I am not asking questions of how, why or how long. I am not getting on the scales yet. I just trust God that this is going to work for me like the many other people here that it is working for. I see the before and pictures of Roger Troy. I see that he has kept those 230 pounds off for years and years. I am accepting on faith that since it worked for him, it will work for me too. So I am following the plan one day at a time. I am thanking God in advance that you and I will have success and wonderful results, Mike.

Jeanie
TOO Proud Aunt