Possible problem with lentils?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Rhea

Possible problem with lentils?

Post by Rhea »

Yesterday I ate quite a lot of split red lentils made into a delicious dal. I made it myself, so I know it was completely LDL-friendly, and I ate nothing else 'illegal'. However, it gave me terrible cravings -- the first time I've had them since I got myself back onto LDL properly after stalling etc with soy. I was very disappointed about this because I had been doing so well and then ended up eating some chocolate and then some bread and cheese last night. So fed up with myself.

I've been slow on this diet anyway compared to many because I have not been consistent. But this time when i re-started I was -- and am -- determined to be, and to reach my goal this summer.

My questions is: do you think that because the lentils I used are split -- that is, without their skins -- and reduce to a pulp very easily, they could cause cravings, just like corn meal does?

I certainly won't be eating them again. They seem to have the reverse effect from beans and chick peas, which are so amazing the way they stop cravings.

I would be very interested to know if anyone has had this problem, and whether Roger has any views on this. It has quite shaken me.

A rather humbled and disappointed Rhea
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Possible problem with lentils?

Post by robnveronica »

hmmm...what else did you have during the day yesterday  Rhea? maybe it was something else? I've never heard of the red split lentils having a problem. I also know that we can have split peas without any probs. Good luck figuring out the problem!!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I would say that the craving for the bread might have been solved by eating some corn or corn on the cob (starches).  Was the chocolate because you wanted something sweet?  If so, fruit could possibly have been the answer to that craving.  The cheese, well fat free cheese is allowable...so that could have met that craving.

I know that corn and peas usually solves my "bread" craving.  Just food for thought as to why you had the problem.

One thing for certain, that day is over and done.  We can all start again anew on LDL without any problems.  Just forget the past and travel forward with today and LDL. 

Keep us posted if you figure out anything else, okay?

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Roger...I just wanted to add my THANKS for your always being there to "take care" of us LDL babies! Even being on LDL for about 6 months now, I still think of myself as "New" to this and it's really helpful to read your responses to questions. I know if I ever have this problem just what to do!!
Thanks again!!!
Veronica
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Hi, Everybody!  Happy Saturday.
I've seen the Morton's Sausage Seasoning mentioned a few times on the site and wondered where you buy it. Does it make the sausage taste like Jimmy Dean's or other comparable breakfast sausage?  Can we make a reasonable facsimile at home the way we make taco seasoning?

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Rhea

Post by Rhea »

I have been away for a long weekend, so have just found your very helpful reply to me, Roger, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Why I didn't think of that myself I can't think, because you have certainly said it enough times to other people, but I suppose I needed to get to rock bottom and experience it for myself.

Anyway, I will certainly remember what you have said and put it into practice -- size 2, here I come!

Thank you Roger, and praise and thanksgiving to Our Father in Heaven for this amazing diet,

Rhea
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

So happy to report that I'm completely back on track now -- but am now very watchful about cravings and eating the right foods to quosh them...

Rhea
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

YIPPEE Rhea! So happy for you! Keep  up the Great work!!!
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

Thank you Veronica, and Little Mary, your replies really touched me and warmed my heart. YES, Little Mary, I'm counting on being as thin as you by 2009, you'll see!

Rhea x