Beans for Breakfast

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
margo
Master Member

Beans for Breakfast

Post by margo »

Hi All...

i got my book in the mail today and have read it once.  Will start second read tomorrow -- but i have a question.  i thought that we could have beans or lentils for breakfast.  But the books seems to indicate that only fruit should be eaten for breakfast.  In the morning i have some fruit but my craving for breads/pasta/rice is so strong in the morning that i feel i need something more substantial in my stomach than just fruit -- even with bananas.  Will i still lose weight if i have a big bowl of lentils and salad for breakfast after some fruit and water?

Also, are eggs to be eaten for breakfast?  i see them included for breakfast fare -- i thought eggs were protein and better eaten at lunch time.

Thanks in advance for your responses!
margo
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Beans for Breakfast

Post by EnJae »

Hey Margo;

Roger Troy was starting out with a HUGE sugar addiction. That is why fruit in the morning worked for him. That was my area of need too. So I still eat fruit for breakfast most mornings.

For those of us who had more of a bread and potatoes type craving the beans work for breakfast.  So eat what you need to get you through the day.

Heavy proteins like lean beef and chicken are to be eaten once a day. But light proteins can be eaten anytime you are hungry for them. Eggs are fine for breakfast.

Congrats on your progress...
NJ
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Beans for Breakfast

Post by Forever Young »

Margo,

On LDL you do what you have to do to satisfy your cravings when you first begin.  Yes, by all means, eat BEANS and SALAD with your fruit for breakfast...and eggs if you need them to feel satisfied.  You will learn after being on the program that you can eliminate some of the above items...like the eggs.  The BEANS are fine any time that you are hungry.  They are really filling so eat to your hearts (and stomachs) content.

The fruit "jump starts" your metabolism that is why we are told to eat it for breakfast.  It also satisfies our "sweet" tooth.  I used to think I had to have cereral and toast or eggs bacon/ham/sausage and toast for breakfast.  Now I usually have fruit and POPCORN for breakfast and I am satisfied with it.  I think I have retrained my brain and my body to be satisfied with them...but I find it is UNSATISFIED without them.  So...LDL...here I stay!~!!

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...make it work for you and your desires.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!