Watermelon

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
margo
Master Member

Watermelon

Post by margo »

Hello everyone...

My husband says that he thinks that we should not eat watermelon. He says he thinks its more fattening than other fruits.  I have a hankering for a nice cold slice of watermelon each evening...Not a gigonda piece...a few thin slices....\

is watermelon something we should steer clear of on LDL? 

thanks
margo
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Watermelon

Post by patsyfay »

Margo,

All fruits are okay...all of them. Fruits are NOT fattening. If you've read the book, you'll remember Roger relating the amount of fruit he would eat, including huge amounts of watermelon, and he still LOST weight.  Don't deny yourself the joy of watermelon. 

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

thanks so much....yes, i remember that...but i'll reread....

margo
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Remember...watermelon is full of one thing...WATER! Eat away..even the whole thing if you want!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Margo,

ENDULDGE in the watermelon!  It will satisfy your fruit craving...and it is good for you...and it should not cause any problems.

I, like you, LOVE watermelon.  One week many years ago my dh bought me a 45# watermelon.  He was on the road driving truck at that time.  I love watermelon so much that that was ALL I was eating.  When he got home about three days later, it was all gone.  He was astonished!  It was ALL that I ate!  I have one chilling in my basement refer as I am writing this...sure does sound good tooo......

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Mmmmmm Watermelon!  This LDL Family only limits them for the ones in diapers...too much watermelon & blech!  Other than that, they are $2.99/ea for huge ones right now by us and we are all loving them......even freezing some for smoothies later.

Off to clean out the fridge to make room for more watermelon:-)

Julie
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Thanks...That's wonderful.  I reread the book and i'm losing weight like crazy!!  Well...i've got a 9 pound weight loss for the last 10 days or so.  I'm very pleased with LDL and my husband also.  He says he can see his pants fitting more comfortably! Wonderful.

2.99 for a big watermelon?  Where do you live?  I just paid 13$ for a nice melon (not a monster melon) and i thought that was a bargain!

Thanks everyone for your help and support and GOD BLESS LDL and ROGER TROY !!

margo
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

wow! You guys are so lucky! Krissie and I just paid $7.99 for one medium melon. Cheap for us as earlier they were 10.00. I still have to have watermelon!
                                        Judie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I was also going to ask Julie where she lives... that's a wonderful price.  I don't know what they're going for around here, but you can better believe that I'm going to look!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

North Texas.....our sandy soil grows them well.....I guess that's why they are so inexpensive.  I had a missionary friend from Japan who said they were something like $30 there.

We are buying lots of them.....trying to make up for the fact that our grocer is WAY overstocked on bagged white cheddar popcorn ;D

Lovin LDL,
Julie (Feeding a family of nine the LDL way w/beans & watermelon for less than $5/meal woo! hoo!)
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Good Morning everyone...

You know, you don't need a big BradyBUnch kinda family to see that LDL also has an immediate slimming effect on the family budget.  My family is just my sweetyface husband and myself.  And before LDL, just to keep us in enough protein, snacks, cookies, ice cream, etc.  NOrmally we spent about $600 a month just on food for our family of two - about 150 a week.  WIth LDL i did shopping for two weeks and spent $120!!  That's more than a 50% reduction.  That's ANOTHER Great Blessing of LDL.  We should not overlook how this way of living translates into "reductions" in other aspects of our daily lives.

My husband is so excited about LDL and especially loves our morning breakfast which includes our fruit smoothies.  He's assigned himself the job of going to the fruit market at night before they close to see if he can get the fruit that they would otherwise dispose of.  For instance, the other week he came back with two big bags of really ripe bananas -- for $2.00...you wouldn't want to eat them like that, but peeled and frozen, they become a perfect addition to our smoothies...Also, he came home is a GIGANTIC bag of extremely ripe cherries for $5.00....I had to go through carefully and throw out some, but when i finished (took me about an hour)i had one bag of cherries that we froze for snacks and another bag of cherry pieces that i cut away from their stones (throwing out the bad parts) and in the morning i just reach in and grab a handful or two of those frozen cherry pieces to include in our smoothies....  We feel so satisfied with LDL.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

margo