MY GROCERY SPENDING CUT IN HALF WITH LET'S DO LUNCH!!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
margo
Master Member

MY GROCERY SPENDING CUT IN HALF WITH LET'S DO LUNCH!!

Post by margo »

Good Morning everyone...

You know, you don't need a big BradyBUnch kinda family to see that LDL also has an immediate slimming effect on the family budget.  My family is just my sweetyface husband and myself.  And before LDL, just to keep us in enough protein, snacks, cookies, ice cream, etc.  Normally we spent about $600 a month just on food (also cleaning and paper supplies are included here) for our family of two - about $150 a week.  WIth LDL i did shopping for two weeks and spent $120!!  Let's assume that i'll spend another $50 over the second week for extra lettuce, cucumbers and fruits, That's still a 50% reduction.  That's ANOTHER Great Blessing of LDL.  We should not overlook how this way of living translates into reductions in other aspects of our daily lives.

It may be that in the winter we may experience a little increase in our food bill since fruits will be out of season,  but still it will be a great deal less than what we were spending before we started LDL!

My husband is so excited about LDL and especially loves our morning breakfast which includes our fruit smoothies.  He's assigned himself the job of going to the fruit market at night before they close to see if he can get the fruit that they would otherwise dispose of.  For instance, the other week he came back with two big bags of really ripe bananas -- for $2.00...you wouldn't want to eat them like that, but peeled and frozen, they become a perfect addition to our smoothies...Also, he came home is a GIGANTIC bag of extremely ripe cherries for $5.00....I had to go through carefully and throw out some, but when i finished (took me about an hour)i had one bag of cherries that we froze for snacks and another bag of cherry pieces that i cut away from their stones (throwing out the bad parts) and in the morning i just reach in and grab a handful or two of those frozen cherry pieces to include in our smoothies....  We feel so satisfied with LDL.

Are you saving money too?

margo
zNekita

Re: MY GROCERY SPENDING CUT IN HALF WITH LET'S DO LUNCH!!

Post by zNekita »

Margo,

It's just me and my hubby (we're not counting the two Shih-tzus that actually have control of our household) and we are spending way less than we did before LDL. When I make pots of soup they last for about 3 meals, we can get all our beans for 50 cents or less a can at Wal*Mart and we're definitely not eating as much.

I'm putting more money in the savings account....of course, one of these days these baggy clothes are going to actually fall off of me and I will have to break down and buy new ones..... ;)

Keep Losing!
Sue B
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me
                   Wish You Were Here - Mark Harris
margo
Master Member

Re: MY GROCERY SPENDING CUT IN HALF WITH LET'S DO LUNCH!!

Post by margo »

Howdy!

Another thing that LDL saves is time.  That's really important to me.  I'm a lawyer in private practice (work from home office).  I love taking care of my hubby (we're really traditional)  and we feel so blessed that i don't have to actually go out to work.  My hubby is retired and so we have a chance to spend our days together.  So before LDL i cooked in the morning for breakfast (protein, eggs, cuban style sandwiches -- without the pork which we don't eat) and then prepared lunch (sandwiches) after that it was tea with the most delicious cookies i could find and then there was dinner to be prepared.  After that there was snacks to prepare.  Now, with LDL i simply grab a couple of pieces of fresh fruit and put it on a plate and prepare our smoothies (enough at one time so that husband has extra in the freezer to eat as ice cream later in the evening when he would normally have had ice cream with bananas and nuts and chocolate and whipped cream on top).  Then soon after breakfast  i go ahead and prepare our dinner.  I get up early in the morning to work on research and correspondence (around 5am) and that's when i put on a fresh pot of lentils or beans...so lunch is easy...i just make a salad and prepare some protein and the beans/lentils are ready by then.  After that, there is no more cooking for me...i'm done in the kitchen by 1pm!! And there are significantly less dishes to wash as well.  When we want something more to eat, there is fruit or more lentils/beans if we want with salad left over from lunch. 

LDL is wonderful in various ways.  For me, time really can translate into more income...or just a quiet few minutes here on LDL or working on one of my art quilts.

So LDL cut my food preparation and kitchen cleaning time substantially!

HURRAY!!

margo