Bodily Function Question

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
jtmiller03

Bodily Function Question

Post by jtmiller03 »

Let me start by saying that it is day 44 and I've lost 33 pounds and love Let's Do Lunch.

However, my one problem has been constipation and I've been Mr. Regularity all my life. I find myself needing to take a mild laxative a couple of times a week - even the fruit and soup flush doen't seem to make a difference (I even did a 3-day flush with no success). I drink close to a gallon of water a day (sometimes more), lots of fruit, vegetables, chicken, turkey, sirloin.

Any experience with this? Successful supplements, etc.?
graceface66
Master Member

Re: Bodily Function Question

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Jt
    Congratulations on your loss! I have been on Ldl since end of March. I have Lost 30 pounds and have thought I was crazy because I also am having constipation problems. I am drinkong as much water as I can and am able to eat oranges for the first time in my life(They used to give the trots...now no effect). You would think with all the fiber I would not have any problems. Hopefully my body will soon settle down.
                    May G-d above bless you
                                          Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi everyone!

Although i've always been regular, now i'm like old faithful and the quality and quantity...well....it's wonderful!  But i notice i can go twice a day...once early in the morning and again in the late afternoon.  I guess it's all the ruffage i normally didn't get since i was eating so much refined stuff.  My body seems to adore LDL and although i'm not losing a pound a day, i feel great!!

Congratulations on your weight loss. 

God bless!
margo
jtmiller03

Post by jtmiller03 »

I just don't know what it could be. I eat a lot of grapes and at least one banana every day along with a good amount of peas, corn and green beans and have been walking 3-5 miles per day. It's definitely a mystery.

And, I have noticed the weight loss slowing this week... I knew it was pretty anomalous and there was no way it could keep up at that pace - after all, I'm 7 pounds from my goal weight, which was 10 pounds heavier until I decided last week to go for 10 more since it's been so easy.

I plan to switch to LDL for dinner once school starts (I teach high school) to maintain the weight and because my lunchtime is just too early to have a decent lunch.
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi
   I eat beans and corn everyday. I also eat bananas and whatever other fruit is on sale or in the reduced cart at the grocery store. I drink plenty of water , and tea.
      My weight loss has slowed right now, but i do have plenty to lose yet, I am 5' 5'' and now weigh 225#. But it is so nice, when I started I was wearing 3x shirts, now I am in 1x, my pants went from28w to 22w to 20w ( i don't have to pay the extra money for the larger size anymore) sure feels good. And most important I FEEL BETTER!

THank you G-d!   And thank you Roger!
                                      kRIS
Last edited by Anonymous on August 7th, 2007, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

JT,
Hubby uses that "Fiber Sure (?)" stuff when he feels like he needs something.  Maybe you could check it out at Wal-Mart.  All I have to do is drink Kool-Aid!
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

what about a little prune juice?

margo
kashigirl
New, but learning

Post by kashigirl »

Since I started eating the Shredded (no sugar addded) Wheat that isn't a problem anymore...believe me..that moves it even if my body is eating fruit and veggies all the time.  It is LDL approved and THAT with a lot of fruit works for me...maybe that will help.  Give it a try before resorting to drugs to do what comes naturally.  :-\ :-\

Best of Luck and just keep up the good work...keep on keeping on!

Kash
"There is no TRY, there is only DO" - Yoda from STAR WARS
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

JT,

I have added some prunes to my diet as well.  I like the Cherry escense flavor but they have all kinds.  I find it works very well for me.  Good Luck and keep us posted.  I have found there is nothing on these boards that someone somewhere hasn't experienced at some point.  We're all different and we all have different challenges, but we also share many of the same experiences along the way.  Take care.

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Bkkr123 »

I, too, have the "problem",  I've tried prunes, prune juice.  I eat all kinds of fruit. (Love summer---lots of fruit out there). I swim, walk.  Maybe I'm not eating enough beans....

Nancy
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Bkkr123 wrote:Maybe I'm not eating enough beans....

and if YOU have already pinpointed the problem, what is left for ME to say?.....when i first discovered let's do lunch, i started making bean soups that i hadn't made for a long time and COULDN'T BELIEVE i could just eat ALL I WANTED of these bean soups AND lose weight....i have the gas thing down to a science....i use canned beans in a pinch....otherwise i use dried beans....you can de-gas them which you can't do as well with canned beans(princess veronica,i won't make the mistake you once made...i learned from you.....do you remember what i'm talking about?)..the dried beans are more economical(spend your money on fruit and new clothes)and healthier(less processing)..i posted a topic on the discussion board about all the things beans are good for("beans..they're what's for lunch..AND dinner")...they are the BEST for stabilizing your blood sugars to get rid of the cravings....   
  YOU CAN'T EAT TOO MANY BEANS.....EVER....and that will take care of the laxative issue....this was always a problem when i did low carbs......but, NEVER on let's do lunch......and you tremendously reduce your risk of colon cancer when you eat the let's do lunch way.............................with regards,the bean queen
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Ok Bean Queen-
Refresh my memory (and others who may not know) on how you de-gas the beans.  I am guilty of using the canned because of convenience. But I might have to look into the dry bulk.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hey suz...once you get used to doing it, it's no big deal....i soak the beans overnight...the next day, i rinse them off and add new water...i bring them to a boil for a few minutes...you see all those bubbles?...THAT'S the gas.....this time, i pour the beans through a collander to really rinse them off good...then, i add water and cook them.....sometimes i make a lot and freeze some flat in a freezer bag...this way you have beans to add to a salad or for dip......you have to cook them until they're soft before you add any tomato sauce(1-1 1/2 hrs for beans...about 1/2 hr for lentils).i saute the vegetables in olive oil and add them and the spices to the beans while i'm waiting for them to get soft..i make a lot...eat for 2-3 days and freeze some too......it is SO worth it....and YOU can put the extra money into the cruise fund............haha..............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

yeah Niki...that's the way to do it....I do have a few cans of beans around the house for emergencies, but i have found my husband loves to help out.  I give him a choice of whatever dried beans we have in the pantry and he selects what he would prefer to have the next day...then at night while i'm sleeping, he'll sort the beans and make sure there are no stones or dirt and then he'll rinse them and boil them and rerinse them and then bring them to a boil again and then turn them off....by the time i get up the next morning, the beans are just aldente and all they need is a bit more cooking and seasoning.  My husband feels so proud  and always keeps the stones and dirt to show me....and i'm always sure to praise him to the heavens about what a great job he did cleaning and preparing the beans!  Otherwise he doesn't cook at all!!  ::)
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo.....you have a man who cooks the beans :o......are you a blessed woman or what.......that's WONDERFUL....and you make your soups the same way i do....with a lot of spices and a lot of vegetables....i wonder if you saute your vegetables in  olive oil like i do..............you are absolutely on the right track...wait til you see how happy you are when you get up one morning and see a great loss on the scale...........i can't wait to read that post............niki