Dinner time question

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Ashley

Dinner time question

Post by Ashley »

My fiance wants to start this program, but I am a little leary.  We are waiting on our book to arrive, but I would like to get this question answered ASAP.  He is under the impression from a friend who is also on the LDL program, that if he eats his big meal during lunchtime, that he only needs to have a banana and a granola bar for dinner.  I just can't see how this would be enough food to sustain him throughout the evening and night.  Is this right?

Thank you!

Ashley
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Dinner time question

Post by patsyfay »

Ashley,

If he has his big meal for lunch, at dinner he can have all the fruit he wants, as much LDL friendly soup he can eat, hummus and corn thins (available through Amazon.com or your health food store), popcorn, corn on the cob, meatless chili, etc.  As long as he doesn't eat protein at dinner he can have anything that is LDL approved.  This is an awesome way of eating and you should never be deprived (or deprive yourself with just a banana and Uh-oh, a granola bar.)  Tell him that granola bars are NOT LDL friendly.  He'd be much better off with a plate full of roasted veggies and a smoothie.  Hope this helps.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

niki
Administrator

Re: Dinner time question

Post by niki »

pat is absolutely right...there's LOADS of food that you can eat on let's do lunch...you might come to the point that all you WANT might be fruit(for dinner, if you ate your main meal during the day)..that's because the absence of all the bad carbs stabilizes your blood sugars and you JUST CAN'T EAT THAT MUCH.....
  i make homemade bean soups sauteing the vegetables in olive oil....for someone who THINKS they don't like beans, they can start out with lentil soup with loads of vegetables(there are loads of recipes on the boards....i posted one too)..there are pureed soup recipes so you don't taste the beans at all....there are LOADS of people on these boards that will tell you they didn't think they liked beans when they started out and NOW they can't live without them.....
  i'm a nurse and i work 7-3.....i'm lucky if i get to sit down to eat lunch....most of the time, i eat raw vegetables(or salad)while i do paperwork...so i absolutely can't eat my main meal on the days i work...you just have to try to eat it as early as possible...make this program fit your lifestyle because it's meant to last a lifetime....
  and please tell the person who's trying to follow let's do lunch to get rid of the granola bars..they're loaded with SO many things that will sabotage his results....
  welcome to let's do lunch and to these boards....keep in touch for support and questions....you have here people at different stages of success that can help you along the way........i wish you success....sincerely,niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..