Food Log

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Food Log

Post by Gwennaford »

I have used brown Minute Rice.  It has about 3g of fiber per serving compared to 0g in white rice.  So it definitely has some bran.  The reason it only takes 5 minutes to reconstitute is because it is parcooked before being dried. 
Probably need to look at chemicals/preservatives to see how much more processing it has.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Little Mary and Debbie:
1 Lundbergs Brown Rice Cake has 1 gram of dietary fiber. The rice cakes I ate in college were pretty much white. These are more brown. I think the bran/husk is still mixed in there even though the rice is puffed.

Linda:
If we were talking oats, Roger Troy would rather we bought the Old Fashioned instead of the Quick Cook oats so I'm guessing that we'd be better off with the regular brown rice that takes longer to cook than the 10-minute rice.

RT:
Got another question for you; While you have been experimenting with rice, did you mix the wild rice and the brown rice together? Did you do it everytime? None? Sometimes? We need details!  ;D

(Hi Gwennie: I didn't want to leave you out of my reply to everybody.)
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Thank you to all of you.
I thought I could "get away" with it.
I will return the box.......even though I don't like to do that.
Blessings,
Linda
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Again...we have to make this work for us! I know that the par cooked is not as good as the plain brown that takes forever to cook, however in my home...the faster it's ready the better...and since hubby LOVES rice and is willing to actually EAT the minute brown rice (and does most of the cooking) that is what I found that is the "least fattening that tastes acceptable to me" option. (In other words...much better  for me to eat the brown minute rice than the regular WHITE minute rice!) Make this plan work for you! I don't feel more hungry or pig out more w/ the brown rice, but I do w/ white!