Oh Bean Queen...

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
niki
Administrator

Re: Oh Bean Queen...

Post by niki »

dd...........you look GREAT..............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

Thanks Debbie!

Niki, what does dd stand for?
When We Know Better~We Do Better
~~ This Too Shall Pass ~~
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Yes..Su...never saw pic of you..only baby!! (Sorry...don't get online as often anymore!)
and Now can't see you either...only a box w/ a red "X" ....NOT FAIR!!!! :'( :'( :'(
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

HEY>>> Don't know what happened, however finally got to see a brief pic of you and the baby!!! He is a cutie and you're not soooo bad yourself!!! Thanks for putting a pic of you to go with the name!!
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

Hey Veronica I'm glad it finally came thru and thanks for the nice words.

My hubby refers to me as "The Old Grey Mare" or "Hey Heifer come here"!

I keep telling him that except for being overweight, I don't look bad for my age.

He's 9 yrs. 8 months older then I am but looks alot older and he hates it when they think I'm his Daughter.
While he was in the hospital last year the Nurse's Station referred to us as,  "The Old Guy with the Young Wife"~~lmbo
Of course he didn't mind that one.

Am I still welcome here since I'm NOT following the LDL Plan to the "T"?
I tried, I really did~~just need more Meat & some nonfat milk to go with the veggies & fruit and can NOT do all those Beans.

I'm doing what works for me & I know it's okay over on the other forum as everyone is doing something different. We're all there to support one another in whatever plan we're on.
But I know this is Roger Troy's Official LDL Board, so let me know if I'm still welcome or not, okay?

Thanks,
Su
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Su wrote:Niki, what does dd stand for?

i was WAITING for you to ask, DIVA DEAR...............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
CJ

Post by CJ »

Hi Su,

I believe you are every bit as welcome on this site as I am. It seems we are in the same weight category and have the same struggles. Even if the plan is taking a long time to hit 100% home, I believe I am eating so much healthier. I believe that our friends here at LDL know that we have years and years of bad eating habits. They understand that we are not all going to magically change those habits as quickly as some people are able to do. I've always said that I'm a slow learner. I am not going to give up on LDL and they are not going to give up on us. We CAN DO IT!!!

Sincerely,    

Carla
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

Niki~
I didn't associate the dd with Diva Dear because up until now, Trish was the only one calling me that.
Thanks for clearing it up & Thank you for the compliment.

Carla,
Thank you for making me feel welcome and I agree that we've all made horrible choice's over the years (in food too) & that's why we're all here on Support Boards seeking the support alot of us don't get at home.

There are alot of WOE's out there and as I've said many times, "One Size Does NOT Fit All"~
So, To Each Her/His Own~

Let's just support each other for finding something we can stick with for the duration and make it a Life Long Commitment.

We are NOT in a War with each other~
But with The Battle of the Bulge!

Su
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Su;
Did you realize that you can eat more meat if you need it? That doesn't mean you aren't doing LDL...
At the beginning you don't worry about how much you are eating or even when.
Whenever you get hungry eat any LDL approved food. At first all you're doing is eating the right foods to break the cravings trap. The smaller portions and switching to eating meat once a day comes after the cravings are broken.
Meat more than once a day is fine when you are first starting out.
Non-fat milk is a better choice than fat milk.
You don't ever have to eat one bean on LDL.

For those of us that love beans they are a great addition to our eating plans. But you can still eat LDL without them.

I've been here 21 months and only recently began eating meat once a day. I needed the extra assurance that more meat brought to me. Lately, I have forgotten to eat it twice a day. Didn't have to mentally make the choice, my body just naturally shifted to meat once a day.

I still occasionally have skim milk.

And over the last (almost) 2 years I have eaten a lot of things that were not LDL approved. I have never been kicked off. There is a lot of compassion here.

NJ
Last edited by EnJae on April 23rd, 2008, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Su
New, but learning

Post by Su »

Thank you NJ~

That's good to hear because we all can use extra support in many ways and from alot of very caring people.

GOD Bless,
^j^

Su
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

SU'

WOW girl u look great, you sure don't look your age well perserve very pretty lady!

Well first of all you are always welcomed here and encouraged to post it might not be about your eating lots of people come here for friendship hope and hust to lift our spirits!Never think your not welcomed because you are.

I'am not true to plan 100% but I fill that I get surport and can come here to ask questions that I need help with.I don't post that much but do come in almost every day to read the post'it just makes my day.

That's one good thing bout LDL if you get derailed stand tall and hop back on that train car.We'er not perfect and it took us a while to get in this shape and it will take awhile to over come this also.But I do know this is the best plan I've ever been on you never feel like your dieting, there's so much you can eat, so stay the course and you will get there.Your not alone we're all on this journey with you
(extends hand to su to come aboard)

Now back to you. Girl friend I got to ask do you live on the funny farm or what?????
That is to funny bout your husband saying ole mare.Tell him he's lucky to have this young filly in his corral!

You are so young looking I LOVE the pic of you and baby Ragen.Well I'am no spring chicken myself.My daughter is 36 son she's the one with 3 children.They thought they were finished with their family,then my husband passed away oct.and God blessed us with a little boy the love of my life he has filled a empety void in my life.My oldest gd starts high school next yr so that makes you feel old.Be thankful for the bundle of joy that you have they grow up so fast.

The weather is nice high in 80 then storms :oPray no torando's.Hope u have a great day.I know I will!!!!

See you on the train.I'll save you a seat!!!

CM IN TN
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Su....You're more than welcome here on the LDL boards. You're just learning about LDL. If you need more meat EAT. If you don't like beans DON'T EAT. If you just can't stand being without milk...use the "least fattening that still tastes good to you" standard...go for the skim if possible.
LDL MUST BE MADE TO FIT YOU AND YOUR LIFESTYLE. I am thrilled with being able to eat rice again. (It makes dinners soo much easier!) Can I cook the regular brown rice...sure...just not very often. Does it turn out the best...not usually...it's normally quite crunchy. So what's the best fit for my family...the Minute Rice or similar brown rice or none at all. Is the Minute rice brown rice better than eating the white? You bet. Is it as good as the longer cooking brown rice....no. Did I make the best choice for ME and MY situation? DEFINATELY!

Now ...no more talk of "Not being welcome or not doing LDL right!" There is no right or wrong way!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

robnveronica wrote:Can I cook the regular brown rice...sure...just not very often. Does it turn out the best...not usually...it's normally quite crunchy.

Veronica - I have a suggestion - why don't you cook up an entire crockpot of brown rice?  You could cook it until it's not crunchy, wouldn't have to be home to tend it, and then you would have it.  Do you know that you can freeze rice?  After it's cooked all the way, let it cool, then put it in ziplock bags and put it in the freezer.  You could make individual portion bags for just you (and serve the rest of the family the minute brown rice) or you could freeze family size packs.  With your schedule, I can't imagine having to dedicate an hour of time each time you wanted rice....  something to think about...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Ok...I'll bite...how do I cook the rice in the crock pot??? Mom has a rice cooker, but I have no idea how to cook in a crock pot. And everytime I cooked in rice cooker, it was too hard and crunchy. I want it soft and not sticky. Thanks and I didn't know it could be frozen.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

OK, Veronica - here are two different recipes.  I've not tried either, so I don't know how they will turn out.....

RECIPE #1

Here's one for plain brown rice:

5 cups water
2 cups brown rice
2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)

Place all ingredients in crockpot. Stir, cover & cook on high for 3 hours without removing lid. You may want to taste the rice and adjust cooking time to suit your taste.

RECIPE #2

How to make brown rice in a crockpot. It’s SUPER easy. Put in a cup of brown rice and 2 cups water. Cook for 2 - 2.5 hours. If, for some reason (you have nothing else going on in your life, right?) you forget the rice, don’t worry, you’ve just got brown rice with crispy edges. The middle is still edible.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."