Re: New To Our Boards?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Rudi, I might make a few suggestions.  First of all, yes, you can just start all over again when you get home from Pa.  However, I suggest you fill up on fruit and veggies JUST BEFORE you go out for pizza. That way you can fill up on the good stuff before you eat the bad.  If you do find yourself eating pizza, you also might want to eat only the topping and leave the crust to someone else.  When I started, I ate a lot of veggies just before going out to eat, and it really helped me to leave the bad stuff alone, as I was about half full on the veggies and fruit... Good luck... Mike
niki

Post by niki »

hi rudi...i'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our boards...this program of eating has changed my life and has the potential to do that for anyone who seriously applies the principles to their eating habits...i went off the program for a weekend away with my church when i was on it for about a month..monday morning came and i went right back on...i treated myself like i was new to the program and made sure i had plenty of my favorite allowable foods handy....by the third day,i felt like i was home free.....after that,i returned to a craving free state that required minimal will power and have since that time lost the 40 pounds i wanted to lose and am very happy....that was the first time in my life that i went off a healthy plan of eating and went RIGHT back on......i felt like,for me, it was a small miracle....
  i would do what mike advised..eat fruit,veggies and all the allowable foods.....after eating all that,you might hold out and not go off....   
  BUT,if you do go off,there's no guilt here...pick yourself up and start over.....whatever you decide,have fun and let us know the outcome....either way,we'll cheer you on and help you through.....sincerely,niki   
slr

Post by slr »

How can I put my picture in next to my post?
slr
Melissa D. SC

Post by Melissa D. SC »

slr wrote:How can I put my picture in next to my post?
slr

Let me know if you still need help, I saw your other post and responded there.
Blessings,
Melissa D. sC
Blessings~~
Melissa
Colossians 1:9-12
Christian Mom's of Many Blessings
ezgoman

Post by ezgoman »

Hi Roger,
I seen you and your wife on WGN TV today and got really excited about the book and the ideas. I purchased the book and now want to get the show on the road. I'm 64 years old and have had blood pressure problems since Ive been 21 and on meds since then. Now my bad Cholesterol has gotten to high and I'm 40lbs over weight. We don't eat out and I seem to gain weight by seeming to eat right but I know something is wrong. I'm hoping that your book will give me the answers I need. Thanks Jim
Tori

Post by Tori »

Welcome to the boards, Jim! Until you get your book, go ahead and take a peek through some of the other boards and you will get a very good idea of what LDL is all about.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! (:

Tori
niki

Post by niki »

hi jim..you've come to the right place...let's do lunch can help you tackle all the issues you mentioned and more...eat until full...never let yourself be hungry and watch yourself shrink..........welcome to our boards...sincerely,niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Jim,

I started this eating plan on October 1st and had just gotten labs done.  My triglycerides were at 356.  After one month, they had dropped to 183.  I credit it to...LDL eating.  See my post on Medical success stories...cholesterol successes.  Welcome to LDL.  Try this...you will like it.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

And go to the post "Can someone help a sista out" to get a great synopsis of LDL from one of our other members. Welcome to the family
zNekita

Post by zNekita »

Good Morning Everyone!

Let me introduce myself. My nickname on this board is zNekita. However, my name is Sue and I live in Ohio. I am 53 years young. I have been married to my husband for 24 years. I am a church secretary and love my job!

I have spent the weekend reading the LDL program, shopping, and reading these boards. I'm excited to get started and can't wait to know more of you and your success stories.

Have a blessed day!

Love, Laughter and Friendship,
Sue B
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me
                   Wish You Were Here - Mark Harris
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome sue!!! (Your initial at the end of sue reminds me of "Sue B Honey!") I know you'll love LDL once you get started! It's really easy after a few days! It just takes a little getting used to! Please post often as we have fun supporting each other! ANY ?? Just ask! We'll be happy to answer!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Sue B,

Welcome to LDL and the lunch bunch boards.  I live in Indiana...and my husband is a pastor.  We love LDL!  It has helped us to lose pounds, inches, and to feel better physically.  DH said when he used to make hospital calls he would take the elevator in ther garage as he could not walk the two or three flights of stairs without becoming out of breath.  Since LDL, he can do three without becoming short of breath.

Try us...you'll like us...you might even grow to love us!  We are serious...we are funny.  We try our best to answer any and all questions.  IF WE don't know, then usually Roger Troy gets the answer for us.

Like Roger says, be sure to read the diet portion of the book two or three times to glean everything that you can from it.  It is a different concept from any that I have ever seen before.  It is something that we need to retrain our thinking about.  IF we had been brought up this way, it would be natural.  But, we weren't and thus the retraining of our brains.  But, like I said earlier, we love LDL and the LDL foods!

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will lose weight!

Jeanne

P.S.  I agree with Veronica...the Sue B reminds me of the Sue B Honey too!
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Jami

Post by Jami »

Jeanne,
Now we three things in common.  We both live in Indiana, we love LDL and our husbands are pastors.  Praise the Lord!!
Because of Him,
Jami
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Jami,

Yes...GOD is so good to us!!!  Lots of "new" brothers and sisters in the LDL family that are also brothers and sisters in the Lord.  WOW!!! as DH would say, "Ain't GOD good!".  Then I think we have alot in common.  Praise the Lord!

Jeanne
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi!

Can someone tell me what "DH" stands for?  Dear Husband? Designated Hitter? Dumpling Heart? Domestic Half?  ???
thanks

margo
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

you got it the first time! dear hubby
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

thanks....i was looking for the answer to this question and couldn't remember where i had asked the question...

margo
monica bourinot

Post by monica bourinot »

hi, i am new, my name is monica  and i am just beginning this program with the wonderful experience and personal inspiration of roger in person, i have the honor of being his friend and can honestly say he inspires every one he meets with his spiritual enthusiasm... with his help i have started this program an already lost 2lbs and didnt make any drastic changes in my life style, this program is going to work for me. i hope to spread the word and help others.

glad to be here!!!