Re: New To Our Boards?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

It was me who experimented with corn nuts and the weight loss halted.
ANG
julie

Post by julie »

Thanks all for the information of corn nuts.  The roasted soy nuts I found have the ingredients of soy nuts and sunflower oil but they have no sugar in them; they are lightly salted.  I'll have to check a health food store for the corn thins...they sound interesting.
Phillipians 4:13
Terri

Post by Terri »

Hello Roger and Everyone. This is the first message board that I have ever been on and I don't think that I really know how to do this. I read about joining and posting and such but I can't seem to find out "how to post". I hope that I am doing this correctly. WOW! That all sounds so negative for a first-timer but I won't give up. My husband and I are in our 60s and so far are very active and have average health. BUT my husband  really wants and needs to lose about 50+ pounds and we both need to eat better. We want to be helpful to our children and grandchildren as long as the Lord will allow by His grace. I have been praying for help. I saw Roger and his wife on Homemakers and was inspired and will get the book as soon as I can. Thank You All! Terri
niki

Post by niki »

hi terri...help is here....i really believe this is the only way to really lose weight AND keep it off......and SO easily....i bought the book from christianbook.com...it was $13.99 when i bought it..it's $16.99 now.......it absolutely is money well spent...nothing really, compared to what you get....i have been so blessed by this program....i've lost almost 35 pounds and i feel SO much better....
  the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars and gets rid of the cravings...when you start,make sure you eat until full...this is really important.......order the book and while you're waiting to get it,start cutting out the sugar and junk.....there IS a blessing here for you both......Praise God............niki
dragracergirl

Post by dragracergirl »

hi rodger i ordered my book august 14th and still havent' received it i'm trying to stick to the boards and that just hasn't worked for me I need my book and Im getting a little upset. so please let me know what is taking so long for it to get here, thanks dragracer girl
dragracergirl
Cheri

Post by Cheri »

Spotted Roger BRIEFLY on one of Chicago's a.m. talk shows.  not enough information about 'program' and website is still a bit confusing.  As a Type I diabetic planning a return to  Type II, I question the intensity of the carbohydrates in what little I've seen so far.  Beans & fruit in moderate measure within a specified caloric intake has been the 'prescribed' treatment for weight reduction and reduction of insulin resistance to date.  However, as a bit of a rebel dealing with this for 13 years as Type II, I have also experienced a degree of success using COMPLEX carbohydrates in conjunction with vitamin/mineral supplementation.  At my current age, weight seems to come if I drink WATER and my doctor put me on insulin for a few weeks to get my levels back down as I was throwing keotones too.  My plan is to lose weight to the point where even the PILLS will not be mandatory -- God willing!  So, what is the poop on the overall focus of LDL and how it effects insulin using diabetics who are allergic to structured exercise?  Did I mention that I take care of TWO infants four days a week and have to SCHEDULE my OWN MEALS??  Think THAT'S not exercise!!??
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Welcome, Cheri! Check out the Medical Success Stories board to see how others are doing with their diabetes control to give you an idea of how successful the plan is for some people. And Niki will give you some advice later when she's free as she's very experienced with diabetes in general. Good luck to you! ......nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi cheri.....you're going to love eating this way....and even though i am not a diabetic,i am very excited about the results that people have been having on this program.....if you go on the medical success boards under 'type 2 diabetes" you'll get loads of info...i suggest to all the diabetics that they keep a journal tracking what they're eating compared to what their blood sugars are doing....i'm an RN and this is a suggestion i make to all the diabetics i do diabetic teaching with.....every diabetic here has said that they eat ALL the fruit they want with NO PROBLEMS....but i ask them to try fruit by itself and fruit with protein(like soybeans or soynuts)in order to compare their blood sugars with each option...BUT,they've all just jumped right in and found that the fruit and beans and all the other ldl allowable foods are JUST GREAT.....you'll see ed's post that he couldn't control his blood sugars ON MEDICATION....now his blood sugars are normal with NO MEDICATION on let's do lunch...and mary's hgbA1C went from 9.9 to 4.9 since going on let's do lunch and has lowered her dose of lantus from 90 units to 25 units.....AND it's only a matter of time before i will hear from her that she's off medication..................
   hey roger...i bet when you first came up with this,you didn't realize the enormity of it....it's ALMOST a cure for diabetes.....i say ALMOST because it's true that it isn't a "cure"...and yet LOOK at these success stories......a hgbA1C of 4.9 from 9.9 is astounding...nothing short of a miracle.....i CAN'T WAIT to see more diabetics post their successes....this is unbelievable...all i have to say is
                               YAY GOD................niki
Last edited by niki on September 13th, 2006, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mary mary
New, but learning

Post by mary mary »

Hi Cheri, I am mary mary and I am a type II diabetic.  I am the one that has gone from a 9.9 to 4.9 A1C sugar test.  I am able to tell you that for me this is the ONLY way to eat to beat diabetes.  Don't be afraid to eat all the fresh fruit,beans, lean protein and veges that you can hold.  Make sure you monitor yourself twice a day if you can.  I also eat a lot of air popped popcorn with I can't believe it's not butter sprayed on it.  I do 2 hours of water aerobics 3 times a week at the YMCA as well.  Keep moving and munching on the LDL allowable food and you will see a big improvement in your over all health.  God bless , Mary mary
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hi Rodger,
Or anyone else that knows what do I have to do to make sure I get a copy of the "NEW" book when its ready to be shipped????  I already own 4 of the old books and lend them out to whomever will listen.  I just didnt want to order too soon and risk getting one more of the older version.
Thanks
Debbie
jlkyre

Post by jlkyre »

I've been on the program for 3 days now and have no cravings! It is quite amazing.  It is encouraging to read these message boards and know someone is succeeding on this program.  I tried making some new soups and they have turned out great thanks to all the ideas from these boards. JLK
niki

Post by niki »

hi jlk...three days is how long it took me...keep up the good work and if you have any questions,don't hesitate to ask............i wish you success.............niki