What's the simpliest way to get started after reading the book?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
dboit

What's the simpliest way to get started after reading the book?

Post by dboit »

I feel overwhelmed after reading the 2-week menu plan. I want to start simply and want to know how to get started without breaking the bank filling the pantry. What are some of the best recipes to start the program?
niki
Administrator

Re: What's the simpliest way to get started after reading the book?

Post by niki »

hi db..............don't stress it...those menus are there to give people an idea of what to eat..............fruit, vegetables, beans, lean protein.......
    eat fruit for breakfast when you want to...if you prefer some eggs maybe on refried beans, you could eat that.........try eating your protein once a day in the afternoon when possible..have a salad, some homemade bean soup...eat well...........until you're REALLY full..................for dinner, you could have fruit and/or salad and/or bean soup........snack as little as possible by eating until full every time you eat......every time you eat, your blood sugars will fluctuate....so eating let's do lunch foods too often could keep your blood sugars from stabilizing....
    welcome to our boards........i wish you success.........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Dboit-- you can also start simply by eliminating something bad from your diet. I know I started slowly. I think I stocked up on beans and cut out the potatoes and rice. I also knew that I tended to "Crave" sweets. SO to help on that front I made Fruit Smoothies every morning for breakfast. Just do the best you can. Even a small change will start you on your way.
Welcome aboard!
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hi db,

I felt the same way at first...in fact, unfortunately, I waited until the end of the month because we had just done a huge shopping trip to Sams Club to last the month...felt we had to deplete what was on hand first...AND wait for pay day (1 x month).    But...that was OK...it worked out for the best and I started eliminating things I knew I shouldn't be eating, and when the month was (almost) over I jumped in LDL, FULL SPEED AHEAD!!    What worked for me was having a giant fruit smoothie every morning...that kept me full all morning at work...that was new to me...until lunch, and my LDL lunch...and plenty of it..usually kept me full  until the 5pm whistle (not literally).  At first I felt hungry the minute I got home from work...but that lessened every day on LDL.    Now, my "dinner" is often a big bowl of popcorn while I watch my fav TV shows that are on my DVR from the previous day or two!

Now I dont' have the need to eat as much, and cravings disappeared.  Now I crave fruit, popcorn, etc. instead of the junk I was shoving in as fast as I could before LDL!!

Welcome and ask all the questions you need to...I know I did!!!

Doreen