JUST STARTING.....Feeling very full and hungry at the same time????

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Darlyne

JUST STARTING.....Feeling very full and hungry at the same time????

Post by Darlyne »

How strange is this??? 

I have only been doing this for 2 1/2 days and I am feeling so full~~  GASSY and BLOATED (my belly is as tight as a drum!!!)...but yet still hungry.  I wanted to eat ALL DAY LONG! 

I don't have my book yet and I am just hoping that this isn't unusual.  I am hoping it will pass! 

I have been reading the info here on the website. 

Today I have eaten:  Banana, Pumpkin Smoothie, Pinto & Black beans (I soaked since yesterday,rinsed and cooked this morning), Taco Soup (recipe from the website, made with some of the Pinto & Black beans), Wasa crackers, baked apples (cinnamon & Splenda), a green salad with lots of veggies and a whole bag of popcorn. 

I don't feel hungry right now....so that's a good thing!

I'm sure that the gas is from the beans.....I always get gas with beans.  ugh...

Can someone look this over and give me some reassurance....and/or corrections in what I have eaten?

Thanks bunches!

Darlyne
niki
Administrator

Re: JUST STARTING.....Feeling very full and hungry at the same time????

Post by niki »

hi darlyne....i'm going to say this is 2 different unrelated problems.......if you're eating a lot and are still hungry and you've been on let's do lunch for over a week, i would say to be careful not to snack betw meals....the way to DO that is to REALLY eat all you need to eat at your meals until you're full...........your blood sugars can fluctuate even with let's do lunch foods if you eat them too often without giving your blood sugars a chance to stabilize...
  as for the gas, i would say you need to cut down on the regular beans and eat lentil soup and pureed soups(which are easier for your body to digest)for a while until your body gets used to them....IF you're constipated, i recommend psylium seed with a lot of water.............if you soak the beans yourself and de-gas them, you'll have less gas than if you use canned beans.........stay in touch..........sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Darlyne,
One of the things I found out about myself on LDL is this:  I had been so used to eating all the time before LDL that when I was "feeling full", I still thought I should be eating because that is what I had always done. That can translate into a "feeling" of hunger, even when you're not hungry. I wanted to give my mouth and my hands something to do, because I had always done that before.  It was such a relief to find out that I didn't need to do that anymore.  Your body will get used to habitual actions.  That's one reason why it wants to keep on eating, even when you're feeling full.  But as time goes by, your body will become used to the fullness and be satisfied, with no more lingering hunger.  It will happen.  Hang in there.
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Everyone's comments are right on!

I want to reemphasize what RT said... try eating more protein at your main meal....and as niki says, eat ALL you can cram in your gullet without killing yourself  ;D ...that helps keep the snacking to a minimum....  (i should talk...about an hour ago i finished my main meal..turkey chili and a green salad...and i knew i should have eaten another big bowl of chili..but i didn't...so i can expect to be snacking in a couple of hours)...

God bless..
margo