Smoothies?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
dwilson

Smoothies?

Post by dwilson »

I just read your book and I want to get started. I have a question. Is there a recpie for smoothies or can I use a product (powder) along with the fresh fruit, ice and skimmed milk? The powder product indicates no fat, and 10 grams of carbs (sugar 3g).
Thanks,
Dwilson
niki
Administrator

Re: Smoothies?

Post by niki »

dwilson wrote:  can I use a product (powder) along with the fresh fruit, ice and skimmed milk? The powder product indicates no fat, and 10 grams of carbs (sugar 3g).

hi dw.............to tell you the truth, most of the products on the market have unacceptable ingredients in them.......you don't want whey protein because that's milk protein..........soy protein wouldn't be bad........the problem is that they have hidden sugars in them that would hinder your progress and keep you from becoming craving free.....even when you see "natural flavors" that's a ploy to toss in sugar that will make it taste better..................i, personally, have never had a smoothie...i prefer the whole fruit which really fills me up and makes my digestive tract work harder to digest it........but, you can find loads of recipes for smoothies in the recipe section on these boards.....................i'm sure you'll find some that you'll like...
  i wish you success.............sincerely,niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

dwilson;

I agree, use any fruit that sounds good to you. Bananas give it the smoothness that you'd normally get from milk. If you're used to a bigger breakfast a few beans gives you the heaviness in your stomach. Sounds weird, but with all the fruit you don't taste the beans.
No need for protein powders, milk or extra sugars.
Also, if you freeze some of the fruit first, there is no need for ice.

Keep asking questions!
And welcome to LDL!
NJ
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

I made a new twist I added 1/2 a peeled apple to the banana and ice, and frozen blue berries  soooooo good! partygirl  :thumbsup:
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Smoothies are wonderful!!!  Any fruit that you add can only make it better.  I agree with Enjae...bananas do add a rich smoothness that accentuates all the other fruits you add.  And all that natural-ness has to be good for you.  Everything natural, no "man-made" stuff in there!  Try it...you'll like it!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.