BEER

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
shuless

BEER

Post by shuless »

Does Beer halt the weight loss process? How many is too many and is an occasional beer after work OK? Just curious.I have a lot of questions that I'm actually being asked ever since I got the book.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: BEER

Post by robnveronica »

I'm not an expert, however I don't think that  beer is allowed because it is made from grains. Malt is a form of sugar. If on the other hand you were used to drinking 2-3 beers a night, cutting down to 1 a week would be an improvement. If you can tolerate drinking wine, you'd be better off as it is made from grapes and not grain. Even so, I know Roger addresses this in the book and I think he said if at all possible stay away from alcohol. Since that may be an impossibility to completely eliminate it, I would say that 1-2 alcoholic drinks during the holidays is not a bad thing. I hope this is clear and makes sense. I'm sure others will chime in.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

shuless wrote:Does Beer halt the weight loss process?

you absolutely want to stay away from beer........i DON'T say this happily because on a hot summer day, i used to love an ice cold corona with a slice of lime............tell you the truth, i've never understood the thing about wine being acceptable because all wine has sugar in it...................it's ALL a matter of what's important to you......that's why let's do lunch has to be tapered to each person.......you're a wine drinker?..........roger does state that when he was losing weight, he added wine to his diet...this was after he'd been on let's do lunch for months and he had lost a LOT of weight already.....he says it slowed him down but he drank it and continued to lose.........it's a very good substitute when you go out with everyone..although, not for me...i'm allergic to sulfites..............
  so, taylor let's do lunch to your likes and dislikes, deciding what's important to you....what you don't mind giving up and what you do.............. 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

you know, i always thought that wine contained sugar, with the sweeter wines containing more...so when you wrote this, roger, i went online........i never realized that there's yeast in wine and that's how it's fermented...i was trying to see if yeast is always used and i can't be sure that it isn't.....the yeast converts the sugar to alcohol......with sweeter wines, sugar is either added, or the fermentation is stopped before all the sugar is converted....i never understood that....what i do know is that there are 4 calories per gram of carbohydrate and protein and 9 calories in a gram of fat......i think it's 7 calories in a gram of alcohol....although we are not calorie counters, i always find this info interesting...are there any wine makers or wine connoisseurs amongst us that could give me more information?
Last edited by niki on December 10th, 2008, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
shuless

Post by shuless »

Excellent advice! I will go by what everyone says! I like to work out on a Treadmill, Elliptical etc. I've never lost even  an ounce doing this and in fact I have actually gained.The only reason I do the exercises are that it makes my back feel so much better.Does it matter if I work out or not? Im mean, will I eventually lose more weight if I exercise?
Last edited by shuless on December 10th, 2008, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Just by eating the LDL way, you will lose all the weight you need to. Exercising will not cause you to lose MORE weight. However, exercise IS good for you. SO feel free to exercise while doing LDL.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:If she could just somehow become aware of Let's Do Lunch, can you imagine how all of our efforts to "spread the word" would no longer be necessary?...how our obese society would, all of a sudden, be blessed with Let's Do Lunch?...how much our health-care costs would go down?

Roger, have you sent one of your books to Oprah?  How cool would it be to see you and Anita on OPRAH! ! !  How does one go about getting invited to make personal appearances?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage