A little confused here....

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Darlyne

A little confused here....

Post by Darlyne »

First let me say that I think my intense cravings have really subsided now!  That seems like a miracle to me....so I am SOLD!

But, okay, so I got the book and recipe cards......and now I'm a bit confused.....

Can we have bread or not?  In the book it mentions having half the bun on a burger or the bread on a sandwich.....the recipe cards also have recipes that are for sandwiches that use only half of the bread.....???

Is this just once you have lost all the weight you want to lose?  For maintenance? 

Here's what I thought I understood....is this right?

ONLY--Fruit for breakfast (can add eggs and beans in the beginning to curb cravings)
Protein, veggies, beans for lunch--largest meal of the day
Bean soups, salads, veggies for dinner

Also, I am curious about snacks...the book says not to snack....yet mentions eating fruit and popcorn for snacks.  Is it no snacks after your cravings are gone? 

And one other thing....Corn....why is corn ok?  It seems that if you follow the reasoning behind grains....they are fattening....fed to livestock to fatten them up, etc., then you have to follow up with corn...it is fed to pigs to fatten them up. 

Can someone please enlighten me?  I want to do this right! 

Thanks!

Darlyne
margo
Master Member

Re: A little confused here....

Post by margo »

Hi Darlyne!

Welcome to LDL!

That's strange.  I don't remember reading that bread was acceptable.  Stay away from breads...you can have some wasa bread kinda things and corn thins (not corn chips).  Please search to see which wasas are acceptable and which corn thins you can have. Stay away from rice cakes and whole grain breads.  You want to stay away from wheat flour.

Corn is acceptable if it is fresh corn (or canned, frozen) or even popped... but not processed corn like corn grits and hominy.  The general rule of thumb is that if it's processed, don't eat it.  Try to stay (especially at the beginning) fresh foods and canned also (but read your labels so you're not getting sugars and other non LDL ingredients). 

Do they feed pigs fresh corn or popped corn?  i don't know what they actually feed pigs.

i'm a snacker....i normally need one  or two snacks during the day.  But i may not be typical...i lost with LDL and then went off and gained a bunch back and now i'm back on very strict original version of LDL (meaning, no dark rice) and although i registered a 5 pound loss last month, i was a bad girl and climbed on the scale the other day and see that there are 3 of those pounds back....so maybe it's the snacking...but what i take for snacks is a couple of cups of grapes or a banana or cup of herb tea with a wasa cracker with a slice of diet cheese and capers and red onion on top. 

The food police will probably chime in to help address your question...but in the meatime, read the book again and be very conservative and stay as close as you can to whole foods and no processed foods, eat fruits and lean meats....you'll be okay....

by the way...i read where you wrote  "i think my intense cravings have really subsided now."  One thing i remember from my first experience with LDL and this one too, is that there is no question about when your cravings have really gone.  There should be NO cravings.  If you're having any level of cravings at all then i suspect your body is getting something it shouldn't.  Please post exactly what you're eating so that we can take stock of what is going into your body....that should explain why you are still having some cravings, although not intense...

Keep going...always ask your questions!
God bless...
margo
Last edited by margo on December 7th, 2008, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi darlyne............don't be confused.........the part of the book that that's in about half a sandwich of bread is for when you go out and you end up eating the most acceptable option.......if you DON'T crave bread, then you shouldn't eat it.....i have an underactive thyroid, so if i had ever eaten bread when i was strictly on let's do lunch, i wouldn't have lost weight......
  as for the corn, they might think they fatten up livestock with corn, but isn't it really the hormones that they give them that fatten them up?..........being a city girl, i DON'T know much about that......but, i DO know that i ate a bowl or two of popcorn and i lost all the weight i wanted to lose when i WASN'T able to lose any other way...........
  JUST the way you listed the acceptable foods for let's do lunch, follow that, and you'll see how much weight you'll lose.........i wish you success................sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on December 7th, 2008, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Darlyne

Post by Darlyne »

Thanks everyone for helping to clear things up!

Have a blessed day!

Darlyne