popcorn flour

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
omigosho
New, but learning

popcorn flour

Post by omigosho »

Popcorn flour
is it made with kernels ground or popped corn ground?  Help? 
Omigosho
Camillus NY
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
Sweet_Pea

Re: popcorn flour

Post by Sweet_Pea »

You use the popped corn and grind it fine.

Hugs, Carrole
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Pop your popcorn first, without oil or salt or anything else added.  Then grind it in the Bullet or Vitamix.  They seem to do the best job.  If you have another blender, you can try it.  It should look like fine flour.  Be careful though, like most flour, unless you're careful, it will scatter everywhere!!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Like little teeny styrofoam pellets static-clinging to every surface in your kitchen! ! !  It's kinda fun...  :tongue:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
omigosho
New, but learning

Post by omigosho »

Thank you.  I will break out my food processor and give it a whirl.... quite literally.
Omigosho
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I don't know if a food processor will work.  All the instructions say to use a blender.  But if you try the food processor, let us know.  We'll take our lead from you and use ours, as well.  :D

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

omigosho
New, but learning

Post by omigosho »

I will let you know.  How it goes. Jennifer
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Pat, I'm not in the position to rush out & buy a VitaMix, so I still use my little food processor and it works just fine.  I fill it to the top with popped corn, clamp on the cover & let 'er rip!  It makes about a cup of popcorn flour.  It takes a while and it never gets really fine like wheat flour, but it's soft enough that it seems to work for me in recipes.  I've never tried to make pancakes with it, but I use it for breading meat & veggies before frying them in a tiny bit of EVOO, where a little extra texture is not a bad thing.

Loves, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Thanks for the info, Gwen!  I'm such a "tunnel vision" person that if the recipe says use a blender, I always use a blender. Depending on what appliance is on my counter, that is what I will use.  It's good to know the processor will work too.

Pat