Bread question and soup question

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
omigosho
New, but learning

Bread question and soup question

Post by omigosho »

Ezekiel bread or
Brown Rice bread
 is that OK in a pinch?

Also
What about tomatoe soup from campbells the book says ok but when I read the label there is lots of sugar in it.  Hmmm.  I am confused.
Help!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
LovinLDL

Re: Bread question and soup question

Post by LovinLDL »

I think that "in a pinch" those would be ok...just try to plan ahead and not be in a pinch very often...per the book "the best option that satisfies but only enough to satisfy.". Believe me Mary's Tomato is much better than the canned stuff!

Blessings,
Julie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Oh, Mary, I had to go out and BUY basil this week. :thumbdown: :shocked:  I can't wait for warm weather so I can get my basil in the ground.  If I don't grow anything else, I will always grow basil!!  I don't have any window location in my house to grow it!  Boo.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I keep drooling over the infomercials of those tabletop hydroponic growing systems.  It would be neat to have your own little grow light right in the kitchen - you could probably grow a nice crop of basil to tide you over the winter!

When we bought this house, the previous owner had a HUGE ceramic tub on the screened porch with a HUGE vibrant green shrub growing in it that turned out to be basil.  He had dumped in a giant bag of potting soil, bag & all, split the plastic open on the top,  poked in a couple of little basil plants & let nature take its course.  The thing was so monstrous, I was sure he was going to leave it behind.... wishful thinking on my part!  LOL
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Ah, quit teasing me.  I'm going to start looking for big tubs!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

omigosho
New, but learning

Post by omigosho »

No I don't have the changes.  I bought the book and recipe cards but haven't received them yet. thanks for the update on the soup.

Jennifer
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
dakotagirl

An alternative to the ceramic tub garden....

Post by dakotagirl »

I'm going to try this with some of my garden this summer - no tilling needed!  - http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic- ... -Beds.aspx
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Deb,  that is so interesting.  I may try that as we have so little garden space.  I don't know why it wouldn't work.  Thanks for the tip.

Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

OFF TOPIC Re: Bread question and soup question

Post by Gwennaford »

dakotagirl wrote:I'm going to try this with some of my garden this summer - no tilling needed!  - http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic- ... -Beds.aspx

Wow, I haven't seen Mother Earth News since I was a hippie in college in the 1970's!  This is exactly what the previous owner did, except he used potting soil instead of topsoil and it worked supremely well.  Maybe because basil needs a loose soil mix ?  .  Makes me want to do it, too, but I think I would pile the bags on top of something to elevate them so I can reach them.  Maybe piled up concrete blocks would work.  I imagine they are very heavy when growing.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage