avacaco

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
lee

avacaco

Post by lee »

husband and I are still waiting on our book, so wondering how avacaco fairs on this diet! Thanks and God Bless. Lee and Jo
gaspak37

Re:avacaco

Post by gaspak37 »

Here's something you might find interesting; I love avocado and they are very good for you! The avocado's image first took on some polish with a 1996 study by researchers at the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social in Mexico (Archives of Medical Research, Winter 1996) that looked at the health benefits of daily avocado consumption. The 45 volunteers who ate avocados every day for a week experienced an average 17% drop in total blood cholesterol. Their cholesterol ratio also changed in a healthy way: Their levels of LDL (low-density lipoprotein, or "bad fat") and triglycerides, both associated with heart disease, went down. Their HDL (high-density lipoprotein, or "good fat") levels, which tend to lower the risk of heart disease, climbed.

Researchers have also discovered that avocados are rich in beta-sitosterol, a natural substance shown to significantly lower blood cholesterol levels. In a review article published in the December 1999 issue of the American Journal of Medicine, researchers pointed out that beta-sitosterol was shown to reduce cholesterol in 16 human studies.

God bless you! Marlena
Last edited by Anonymous on September 26th, 2005, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lee

Post by lee »

with that in mind think we keep the avacado's on the list .....
Blessings
lee and Joanne
lee

Post by lee »

Yahhhh maybe your right
lee & Joanne
gaspak37

Post by gaspak37 »

I certainly agree with Mary, we all have to proceed with caution. I haven't had an avocado since I started eating this way but I will have some guacamole when I've reached a certain goal. I won't be eating it evey day; for that matter probably not even every week but on those special occasions when I've reached a goal - because it is a very special food to me but Mary is right there's a lot of things that are good for us. God bless all!