legal or illegal

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chubbymonkey

legal or illegal

Post by chubbymonkey »

Are these legal or illegal and what's a good substitute?

corn tortillas? (since they are made from corn)

Quaker oats caramel corn cakes? (made from popcorn)

Fat free cream cheese?

Tomato sauce? (it has tomatoes)

I know Ldl recommends corn thins but until I'm able to purchase these what is a good substitute? The 1st book recommended Tostitos Baked but I hear not a good idea because of the processing (I think). But aren't they better than regular chips that made me the chubbymonkey I am today?

Thank you for any tips. I am still loving frozen grapes and the other great recipes my wife is getting from LDL.

I will try and get the recipe from my wife for her great salsa but i warn you - IT IS HOT ( not recommended for mild eaters) LOL

Praying for you - The Chubster
LovinLDL

Re: legal or illegal

Post by LovinLDL »

Hi Chubster (love the name but if you stick with LDL you'll need to come up with a new one soon),

Tortillas- out...processed.
Quaker Carmel Popcorn things...though tasty, also out because they have sugar.
Baked Tostidos- Really should leave these alone too but if HAVE to have chips to stick with plan, then have as little as possible because, again, they are processed and will cause cravings that will sabotage your weight loss.
Tomato Sauce- IN if it is sugar free (be sure to read the label...if only tomatos, then eat as much as you want).

Re: Salsa, BRING IT ON...even my 2yo eats Medium Pace and jalepeno hummus...we live much closer to San Antonio than "New York City":-)

Blessings,
Julie
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Oops, forgot to mention fat free cream cheese is good every now and then too.

Corn thins really are the best chip substitue.  BTW, they are $30 per 12 pack CASE NOT for 12 cornthins.  We look at one package sort-of like a loaf of bread and our family (of 8) goes through about 1/2 a package when I serve these with soup or something.

Keep eating all the fruit you can if you have a sweet craving.

Blessings,
Julie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Here's a link to Amazon.com/grocery where you can order them.  Use the 7-10 day delivery for free shipping.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 727#p42727
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage