Posting Tickers and Pictures

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Posting Tickers and Pictures

Post by Gwennaford »

I'm posting this for the benefit of everyone who has been asking but is not sure how to go about it.  If I made any mistakes or something needs clarification, somebody PLEASE jump in & help me out.  I don't know much about how to do this either!  This first thing you need to know is you can create & post a ticker right away, but you have to have posted 10 times before you can post your picture avatar.  That helps keep the bad people from jumping in here with bad content.

Tori did a lot of hard work to speed up the message boards by compressing pictures & a lot of other stuff I can't even begin to understand.  So please remember to keep the photos fairly small and appropriate to the topic so our message board stays speedy!    If you just can't get it to work, don't get frustrated -- Email someone who already has a Photobucket account or similar photo management site account set up (like me) to help you out.  :thumbsup:.  Carolyn (Queenie) and others (WHO I HOPE WILL JUMP IN & VOLUNTEER--hint hint) will also help if you'll email a request to one of us and ATTACH the picture(s), don't insert them into the body of the email or I won't be able to open them.

TICKERS:  When you click on anyone's ticker, it takes you to the tickerfactory.com website where you can customize your own.  At the bottom of the first page you click to save & continue to the next page.  When you're finished, scroll down to the bottom & look for the "BB" (bulletin board) code.  Copy the whole thing & paste it into the signature box of your profile.  After you're finished, scroll down to the bottom right & click the "Change profile" button.

To open & edit your profile, click on your screen name, or on "PROFILE" in the dark blue band above this message window to the left.  Look for "Modify Profile" in the menu on the left and click on "Forum Profile Information".   Click on "I have my own pic".  Next to it is the box is where you paste the URL, IMG, or BB code that you copied from the pic.  Delete any text from this box first.  Anytime you modify your profile you need to scroll down to the bottom right side of the page & click the "Change profile" button to save the changes.

To post pictures on the board you can set up an account & post them online at Photobucket or similar photo management site to get the codes (long text strings) required by the various places on the message boards.

AVATARS:    Your profile information page is also where you can EITHER 1) post your picture avatar using the "Direct Link" code from Photobucket or another online picture management site.  Please crop & resize your picture to be no larger than 150 x 150 for the avatar.  I understand it keeps our message boards running faster.  OR 2) Bonnie CHA! discovered another way to do it:  
Here's how I did it:  I posted my photo to the gallery... then I right clicked on the photo in the gallery... clicked on "Properties"... then copied the URL... went to my profile and posted that URL where it said "I have my own picture", and VOILA`!  I have a profile picture!  I'm not very technically savvy, so if I could do it, you all can do it too!
 After you're finished, scroll down to the bottom right & click the "Change profile" button to save the changes.  Instructions for posting in the photo gallery follow, below.

PICTURE MESSAGES:  Pictures posted within a reply window like this one require the IMG code:

PHOTO GALLERY:  Finally you can post pictures directly from your PC into the Photo gallery, but it requires your picture resolution to be  600 x 600 pixels or less, and compressed to a small file size of 48 kb ( ? )   I'll have to go look it up.  I'll post it here later.  I still don't know how to compress pictures in Photobucket.  I have to do in in my Microsoft Windows Photo Gallery.

Loves, Gwennaford

> Modified 5/17/09 to add Bonnie CHA!'s discovery re adding an avatar.
Last edited by Gwennaford on October 2nd, 2009, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Posting Tickers and Pictures

Post by Gwennaford »

You're welcome!  I hope it makes some kind of sense & will be helpful.

Loveyamore,

GG
ImageImage
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

You made sense!!!!  I have a ticker, I have a ticker.  Thanks so much.  Your a store full of info.  Martha
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJ62LcB/]
[/url]
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

And it's a beautiful ticker too!  :thumbsup:

Gwen you are a puter guru!  ;D  *HUGS*
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by thc »

Just posting to see if I got it right.
withjoy
New, but learning

Post by withjoy »

well i must be a little slow .. i THINK i got the ticker thing going ... but i'd like to post an avatar and i don't see where it says "i have my own picture" the options i see are "no pic" or a bunch of celebrities ... am i looking in the wrong place?
Last edited by withjoy on May 25th, 2009, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Nope, you just don't have that option yet. I see that you have posted 4 times so far. Go ahead and post 6 more times; you'll have that option after you have posted 10 times.
withjoy
New, but learning

Post by withjoy »

super ... thank you so much for the info ... thought i was glitched and was missing something ...

many thanks again
diane
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Hi,
I finally figured it out. This is cool. Have a great day. God bless everyone.
T ;)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

BYOO--TI--IFUL ! ! !  You're wearing my colors, Terri!

Who is the little Angel?

Looking forward to seeing WJ, too.

Gwen
ImageImage
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Gwen - you are really the best!!! Outstandingly helpful to all of us. Thank you!!!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

AW, SHUCKS! 

You know, Jerzy, there's a rule that if you post on the picture thread you have to post your picture....  ;)  So when is the big unveiling? ? ?  hmmm? ? ?
ImageImage
DomsAngel66

Post by DomsAngel66 »

Thanks for the info!  Very helpful!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkPC6SZ/]

Growing old is mandatory****Growing up is optional****Laughing at yourself is therapeutic
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Hi Gwen,
The little angel is my 4 1/2 yr old granddaughter. She is just the best. I saw her with her mom at the park yesterday I was riding my bike and she yells Nana Nana. She came running up to me. When I was leaving she keep saying I love you. Grandchildren are the Greatest!!! She is my only one so you know she is a little spoiled...
Thanks for asking. This is the best board. I just love everyone.  *love* Have a great night.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

AW!  My little granddaughter, Erika is 5-1/2.  She calls me Nana, too.  I've only gotten to see her twice because they live in Oklahoma & I'm stuck in Florida, with a sick husband & I'm unable to travel.  BOO HOO.

We did sign up for Skype recently, so I got to see & talk to the whole gang (even the dog) last week.  YAY!
ImageImage
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

AH,
Sorry to hear that. I will say some prayers for you. My sister has the same thing her daughter is in South Carolina and she is here in Illinois. She does go to see her granddaughter at least 3 or 4 times a year. I would be lost with out Josie. She is so much fun.
You take care,
God Bless You and your family.
Terri :thumbsup:
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

hey there.. im tring to get a pic of my self and a ticker up but i dont know where to paste the code.. i cant seem to find the option of havin own photo..
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

thank you.. i will keep posting my family's success.. We are all so excited to have started our journey.
Katie

James