Is this OK for a supper?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Jerzygrl09

Is this OK for a supper?

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Instead of fruit tonight I was craving veggies. So I made a mix of cauliflower, kidney beans, edamame, some corn, a can of well rinsed, no salt stewed tomatoes (there was sugar in it - but I rinsed it to death).

I cooked it all together, drained the liquid, put some of the veggies and beans in the Magic Bullet with a dollop of hummus, made a puree and mixed it into the remaining whole vegetables (with spices: garlic/black pepper/paprika). I then sliced up a red pepper and used the slices as a scoop for this mixture.

I had fruit for breakfast, a large salad for lunch with beans and some baked chicken and then the veggie mix for supper. I'm stuffed - but worried - did I have too many beans for dinner - as they are protein? What if I get hungry later - could I have a piece of fruit? I doubt I'll need it because the veggies really filled me up. I don't want to do anything wrong - but without the book, I need all the input I can get. Thanks.
Sweet_Pea

Re: Is this OK for a supper?

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I think your menu for today looked ok.  You could have fruit or popcorn tonight if you are still hungry later.

Looks like you are getting off to a good start.

God bless,

Hugs, Carrole
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

You're doing great!  Beans are fine for dinner and fruit for later if you get hungry.  Always eat until full whenever you get hungry whichever acceptable LDL foods are "replacements" for what you are craving ...crave sweets then eat fruit...crave bread/chips/pasta then eat beans/corn/peas/popcorn.

Blessings,
Julie

Blessings,
Julie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Jerzygrl09 wrote: worried - did I have too many beans for dinner - as they are protein?

you can NEVER eat too many beans........eat all you want at any meal you want...get rid of the myth that they're fattening.....the more beans you eat, the better off you are............
  what you're eating is just fine...keep up the good work.....niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Thanks for the replies - the scale is going DOWN as of this morning!!!
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

Hi Roger - I have a compulsion to get weighed every morning - however...I'll TRY to put the scale in the back of a closet for awhile. I'm just eager to see how well this eating plan is working for me. So far, I'm loving it and can't wait for the book and to tray some of the recipes on these boards. NOT HUNGRY in between meals at all!!! That's a miracle in and of itself.
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

Please do not think that I am not the brightest person in the world...I really just want to make sure I am putting into my body what I need to at the right time of the day. I am currently brewing bean soup. I contimplated edamame....I read the label where it had 5g of protein and put it away thinking it was a "lunch" item.  However, from what I am reading, it is good anytime of the day, is that correct? Thank you for your help.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I love edamame - but it's a soy product and if you have thyroid issues go easy, otherwise I believe it's okay to have.
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

oh - your question was can you eat it anytime of day, and I believe that is correct as well. You can throw it in your salad at lunch and have your chicken/fish/beef whatever as well and you can have some at dinner too with your other veggies. Some people buy them roasted and eat as a snack. I love them whole as a snack, but again, it's not great for a sluggish thyroid.
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Singing4Him wrote:Please do not think that I am not the brightest person in the world...I really just want to make sure I am putting into my body what I need to at the right time of the day. I am currently brewing bean soup. I contimplated edamame....I read the label where it had 5g of protein and put it away thinking it was a "lunch" item.  However, from what I am reading, it is good anytime of the day, is that correct? Thank you for your help.

Protein for lunch means "heavy protein."  Meat.  Chicken, pork, turkey, beef, heavier fish. 

BEANSSSSSS are light protein, as are eggs.  You can eat them anytime.
ginney

Post by ginney »

So, you are saying eggs are ok for dinner too?
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

ginney wrote:So, you are saying eggs are ok for dinner too?

In the beginning, ALL foods that you'll find on LDL are acceptable at any meal.  You should NOT be starting LDL eating nothing but fruit for supper.  You need to fill up, at every meal, with foods that make your body know it's getting fed.

Gradually, you'll be less and less hungry, as long as you're eating legal foods.  You'll find you just don't want as much to eat, so that point, you can eat fruit for breakfast, protein and veggies for lunch, and then maybe fruit, popcorn, a little soup for supper.  Eggs are a fine choice if you want a heavier breakfast, or egg salad on corn thins for lunch, and yes, even for supper, if you want.  You might find that an egg "seems" too heavy to eat in the evening after a while.  Then again, you might just need more food to fuel you than some other people do. 

So, yes, if an egg sounds good for supper, go ahead.  Eat a little fruit first, and then see what you're in the mood for.
ginney

Post by ginney »

Thanks, I am getting this down, lol.  So much to learn, but being able to come to the message board and ask is a great thing.  One day at a time and babysteps, I'll get it.
Have a great day!

Talk again soon,
~ginney
ginney

Post by ginney »

How did you get your ticker to show your beginning weight and your goal weight at the bottom?  Mine just says pounds?