Doing LDL after Gastric Bypass Surgery -- Weight gain??

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Leeannc

Doing LDL after Gastric Bypass Surgery -- Weight gain??

Post by Leeannc »

I had Duodenal Switch bypass surgery in March 2005 ---- at almost 400 lbs!  Unbelieveable complications, 3 major surgeries and 8 endospcopic procedures later I was still throwing up 4-6 times/day --- but got down to about 175 -- and 'survived' --- Quit throwing up in Jan 2008 --- had gained and "settled" at 215 ---- I want to get about 30 lbs off because I'm not feeling as good as I did --- My whole family (husband and 3 daughters) are on LDL and loving it!
But weird thing is -- I have gained 5 lbs in first 10 days!  I'm not really worried about it as it is "obvious" doing something to my system if you know what I mean --- but just wondering what someone elses experience has been ??  Thanks.
LeeannC

Jeremiah 29:11
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Doing LDL after Gastric Bypass Surgery -- Weight gain??

Post by Gwennaford »

Leeann, you might want to read tcasola's posts in Medical Success stories & Personal Success stories.  He just posted some new pics of himself (that we still cant' see for some reason) and said that he has lost I think 160 pounds since getting a gastric band & starting Let's Do Lunch in January 2008. 

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 540#p45540

He is the only one I can think of who has had gastric surgery before doing Let's Do Lunch.  If you click on his screen name, it will take you to his profile where he has posted email address & other contact info.  You might want to ask him some of your questions.  He is humble, but very wise.

Most importantly, it is very important to take the Let's Do Lunch book to your doctors and get their approval for starting this new lifestyle. 

I don't know exactly what you mean by doing something to your system, unless you mean you are having a lot of gas.  That's something that we're beginning to talk about rather freely as it seems to be a fact of life in the early days of the program because, it is believed, our systems are being purged of all those chemicals & additives in the heavily processed foods we were eating before.  Get some Beano & give it a little time.  Everything should smooth out soon.

I weighed 410 pounds when starting Let's Do Lunch at the same time Tom did, January 2008.  I was signed up to get the Lap Band but then I saw Roger Troy and his wife Anita on TV.  I lost almost 100 pounds in the first year of LDL & seem to be idling there ever since.  However, I have dropped 5 clothes sizes since January 2009 without losing a single pound according to the scale.  So that is why Roger Troy says to stay off the scale & monitor your progress by the way you feel and the way your clothes fit.

I hope this wonderful way of eating works for you, Leeann.  I believe there is no healthier way to eat.  But again, in light of the troubles you've had with the bypass, PLEASE get your doctors' approval.

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

So Excited to "See" You Here Lee Ann!  Doing the happy dance...."I have a friend on the boards...I have a friend on the boards."....um, I mean...one that I didn't meet on the boards...was my friend before :blush:

Thanks, my friend Gwen, for welcoming her!

Blessings,
Julie
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

WELCOME LEEANN, we are so happy that you have joined us on the train to skinnytown.  It picked me up on October 1, 2008 and I have lost around 36 pounds now.  I think I hit a plateau for a couple of months and now have lost a little more. 

Come back and post soon and God bless.

Hugs, Carrole