Is orange juice ok?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
electricj1316
Master Member

Is orange juice ok?

Post by electricj1316 »

Is orange juice ok?
thanks,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Is orange juice ok?

Post by EnJae »

Here's what you need to think about...
How many oranges would it take to make the amount of orange juice you can drink?
For instance, a guy at work can guzzle an entire gallon of orange juice down in one sitting. I HIGHLY doubt he could actually eat enough oranges to equal the amount of juice he is getting. Therefore, what you get when you drink juice rather than eating (or blending) the whole fruit is a concentration.

As you begin it is better to go for the whole fruit than for the concentrated juice.

That said, I would point out that I eat an orange every morning AND I have been sick a lot, too. So recently I started taking more vitamin C AND drinking about 4 oz of orange juice AND eating my orange... My attempt to boost my immune system.

Have I confused the issue, or helped?
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on May 19th, 2009, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

NJ,

Thanks! No you didn't confuse me a bit! I understand and that is exactly what I was asking for. I will stay away from it all together. I just want to make sure that I don't do anything to sabotage myself.

Thanks again,
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I am new to this too, so I don't drink orange juice, but do add about 2 - 3 ounces of orange juice to the fresh or frozen fruits to make a smoothie in the morning.
mom
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I believe a little orange juice once in awhile is ok, like to put in smoothies.  But Enjae gave you some great advise.  The oranges are harder for our body to break down and therefore burn more calories. 

Hugs, Carrole
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Mom and Carrole!!

*love*
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie