Grains

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
deeda

Grains

Post by deeda »

I'm new, haven't received my LDL book yet (ordered yesterday from the web site) I'm wondering if there are any grains that are included, like bulgur or couscous?---Dee
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Grains

Post by patsyfay »

Dee,

When we have a carb craving, we eat beans...all the beans we want, whenever we want...bowlsful of chili, bean soup, bean pots, hummus, bean and veggie casserole, etc. Roger's mandate is no grains, no seeds.  But you won't miss them once you find out what you can have.  Give it a try!  Welcome to the LDL website!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

deeda

Post by deeda »

Thanks Pat, I'm looking forward to receiving my book.  I've tried so many different diets that I'm getting a little confused (mixing them up, South Beach, Sugar Solution etc.)  I've done pretty good so far today, and smoothie for breakfast, then scrambled eggs with green onion and mushrooms.  Fish sauteed with peppers, onions and garlic, a side of garbanzo beans.  Fruit for munching.  Dinner will be a salad and more fruit.  I've also put a big pot of black bean soup on.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Looks like you're off to a good start, Deeda!  Keep eating those beans....they are SOOOOOO good for you!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.