1st Day Horrible Stomach Ache and Rumbles

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
abertrand
New, but learning

1st Day Horrible Stomach Ache and Rumbles

Post by abertrand »

:blush:
Okay- I know this is kinda crazy, but I just survived my first day on the diet and I have had some of the worst stomach cramps and rumbles since lunch time.  I have taken Beano and Gas X, but nothing helps.  Did anyone else ever experience this and will it eventually go away?  I'm sure it's my body reacting to all of the fruits, veggies, and fiber.  HELP!!!!
chipmunk

Re: 1st Day Horrible Stomach Ache and Rumbles

Post by chipmunk »

Hello,

Been eating this way for 9 day now..yep that's how most of us felt..It does get easier..I no longer have the pains..It is just taking all the bad stuff out. I kept eating all my meals.. if you read some of posts of new people you will  see their story too and know just how long it took them...I took six  or seven days before I felt GREAT..Hopes this helps..
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Abertrand,

I believe you will feel better in a few days.  It does get better and your body seems normal again. 

Hope tomorrow will be a little better for you.

Hugs, Carrole
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Abertrand,

My husband and I had the same problem in the beginning. It took me about 3 days to feel better and him about 5 days. Everyone is different but you will not regret it if you hang in there. It will get better and you will feel amazing!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Abertrand,

Thanks for asking this.  I thought I had some kind of problem because I had bad stomach gas, & PAIN, & then the runs.  I have been "kinda" on the LDL because I found it right after I stocked my pantry and 'fridge  (figure about 3 more days to be "totally" on LDL).  I have been trying to stick to it about 98%.  I figured my problem was introducing too much fruit too soon (I used to eat almost NO fruit).  I would feel fine when I woke up but as soon as I put my morning med in my stomach, it would start all over again.  This went on for 3 days.  Today, I cut back on my fruit and ate and apple, beans & eggs for breakfast, and a banana, tomato soup & popcorn for dinner.  Today was much better and I was at least able to function all day (the first day almost nothing, with only doing a little the next 2 days, couldn't continue this way).  I did not eat anything bad.  Tomorrow I'll add another fruit.  I also think the very cold smoothie for breakfast also shocked my system.  In a few days I will try one with a room temperature banana & strawberries.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies to this question.  I has helped me, too.

Hang in there.  I am.

Ginny M.
abertrand
New, but learning

Post by abertrand »

Thanks for all of your replies.  I stayed away from as many beans as possible yesterday and ate more fruit and popcorn.  I feel much better!!!!