Pork

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Pork

Post by Ginny M. »

I've been cruising the message boards and just got my book this afternoon and am half way through it.  I have noticed so far that there is no mention of "pork".  I don't mind turkey bacon, but I do like pulled pork, ham and an occasional pork chop.  Are we allowed "pork"?

Thanks,

Ginny M.
niki
Administrator

Re: Pork

Post by niki »

Ginny M. wrote:  I have noticed so far that there is no mention of "pork".  I don't mind turkey bacon, but I do like pulled pork, ham and an occasional pork chop.  Are we allowed "pork"?

there's no mention of it because roger doesn't eat pork and the book is the story about how he lost a phenomenal amount of weight...you can eat pork occasionally for a change.....i posted a recipe for pork with sauerkraut and i use pork chops or boneless pork...it should be very lean and it should be occasional....pulled pork is high in fat and so is ham(even if you get a low fat coldcut, it's NOT a good idea)so i don't recommend them...the pork should be lean and trimmed....i like making it with sauerkraut because it cooks for so long that the fat separates from the meat and what's left is really lean....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Ginny M.
Master Member

Re: Pork

Post by Ginny M. »

Thanks, Niki.  I wondered why it wasn't mentioned.  I'll have to put that on my NO list.

Ginny