questions about legal foods

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
t-rock
Master Member

questions about legal foods

Post by t-rock »

Hi:

Could someone please let me know if the following items are legal (my book shipped Saturday but it won't be here for a few days).  I am not certain of types of fish that have higher amounts of fat:

- shrimp
- salmon
- any type of wrap tortilla (for grilled chicken and vegetables)
- avocado

Thanks !

Tiss
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: questions about legal foods

Post by patsyfay »

Tiss,

Shrimp and salmon are fine, as is all seafood.  No wraps, as they are made with flour.  Avocados are also allowed, but only ocassionally, as they are high in fat.  I buy a very small one and make my own guacamole and use it over a week.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Thanks Pat.  I was confused because of the First "sample meal plan".  Happy to wrap in romaine lettuce leaves.

Tiss
3greatgifts

Post by 3greatgifts »

Interesting about the wraps because in the FIRST magazine they show a sample day of meals and they have a tortilla wrap for one of the meals. Actually, the impression I got of the diet in the magazine and what is in the book seem different to me. But, I'm on day 6 and haven't caved at all.  :thumbsup:
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi Mary:

I probably should have picked up on the magazine miss, writers have a tendency to misquote. Wanted to double check because it is a bit misleading.  Can't wait to get the book.

Day two !  Last night was great.  Grilled zucchini, tomato/onion salad with dill and white balsamic, popcorn, and grapes.  Looking forward to today.

Thanks.

Tiss
3greatgifts

Post by 3greatgifts »

Mary....you're making me hungry!  :D All that food sounds yummy. I guess I'll start up the grill for my chicken kabob.
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

one other question...and I am assuming they are right up there with avocados because of high fat...what about brined olives ?  Roland makes a wonderful picholine olive.  Thanks!

Tiss
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Tiss,

I don't know about "brined" olives but I eat black olives and green olives all the time in my salads and on the side with my food.  Is there any sugar in the brine? 

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

t-rock wrote:one other question...and I am assuming they are right up there with avocados because of high fat...what about brined olives ?  Roland makes a wonderful picholine olive.  Thanks!

truthfully, as far as avocados go, if i LIKED them, i would have a little with my salad....is there anyone on let's do lunch that has avocado cravings and can't eat just a slice or two?...i don't think ANYONE can eat a lot of avocados...but, i don't know since i don't like them...
the whole time i was losing weight on let's do lunch, on and off i ate brined olives with my salad...i counted them(i didn't eat an unlimited amount)...i DID eat unlimited amounts of marinated mushrooms, hearts of palm, marinated artichoke hearts... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Somerville

Post by Somerville »

Eileen    What is ldl gravy???????
[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/we6Elxc/]
[image noborder]url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/we6Elxc/]
[/url]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/ ... weight.png[/image]
[/link]
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

One you make yourself with defatted pan drippings, broth, or bouillon & thickened with a tiny bit of corn starch. 
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I've made gravy as Gwen suggests and also there's an LDL Mushroom Gravy:
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 0#msg21173

So many choices on LDL!  :thumbsup:
mrsj