frozen grapes

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
sfwilley56
New, but learning

frozen grapes

Post by sfwilley56 »

Hi, Anyone have a way that they freeze grapes and how long do they keep in the freezer? Thanks
sfwilley56
New, but learning

Re: frozen grapes

Post by sfwilley56 »

Thank you for your quick response...can't wait to try them SFW
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I know we have to replace ours every couple of days! I also cut up cantaloupe and watermelon in small chunks and freeze those in ziploc bags too. They are all yummy!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

I tried freezing some watermelon, but it has so much water in it, eating it was like trying to bite an ice cube.  I'm using it in smoothies now, but the texture of a watermelon smoothie is not my favorite...you suck the moisture out and have to keep thunking the glass to have something to drink.

So do you EAT the frozen watermelon chunks?  Do you make them bite-sized?  When I first tried a frozen grape straight out of the freezer, it was too hard, but I found that a few minutes out and I like them..usually bite them in half.  Just curious about how others eat it.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Greenheron, I'm one who can eat frozen grapes straight from the freezer, but then I've always been one who likes to crunch on ice.  The frozen grape is not as hard for me as ice though.
I've never frozen watermelon.  It never seems to make it that far from my refrigerator.  Love that stuff!!
mrsj
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

All my frozen grapes were gone the other day and so went shopping for some more...  decided to try freezing together the red and green grapes for a bit of diversity... it was so great! 

*Then at night if was kind of like going to the theater; when watching t.v. and then having a variety of sweets for the show!  I also had popcorn so this was a real treat!

It is rather fun trying to figure how to treat oneself instead of like other diets where even the word makes one feel you have to starve yourself!  :wacko:
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I'm sorry I should have said something about the watermelon and cantaloupe, I do usually put it in a bowl and go sit down with it and in about 5 mins it is perfect. But mine is not hard as rock when it comes out so my freezer must not be on as cold a temp. as yours.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

I just love the frozen grapes. :thumbsup: They don't last long for us. My granddaughter even liked them last night. My boyfriend eats them instead of his cookies at night.

Have a great weekend everyone!!! :cool: