Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Rhea Joyce
New, but learning

Re: Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

Post by Rhea Joyce »

Gemini, first of all, you are a delight.  So many of your messages make me smile and laugh, and I can relate to you in many ways! 

I was very interested in T-Tapp a few years back and they sent me out a free explanatory video, but I never pursued it... I tend to be always distracted by the next new thing... but you have refreshed my interest.  I'm 54, a great deal of weight to lose, and also concerned about tightening up anything that can be tightened.  I think I may also order from Amazon, but will have to wait till next paycheck.  Can you let us know how you like it when you get it?

Thanks,
Rhea Joyce
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI GEM,

And you are!  :D

Thanks for the tip on the book.  I am going to try the program (Starting Saturday) based on the instruction on the web site. I think I can gauge within the first couple of weeks if it will make a difference. I am intrigued by the site and the success stories. Someone claimed to have gained an inch in height. That really appeals to me, being only 5'3".  I used to think I was 5'4" but I got a reality check somewhere along the way. (Don't worry - I know it is only from standing straighter and aligning the spine.)

Anyway, I always said I am the perfect weight for someone 6'10 and a man! Maybe an extra inch and the skin tightening will make the difference between being happy at a lower weight and being discontent.

I think I have sabotaged myself when I get down to around 145 bc everything seems to be hanging in the wrong place. So I was much thinner but still not comfortable with myself. It is a happy thought that I could achieve being comfortable in my own skin.

Oh BTW, the massage is also part of the discipline of Ayuervedic (sp?)medicine for good health. They also believe that a lot of our health issues would be resolved with better flow in the body.

Anyway, I am game!  Perhaps the support on the exercise program will bolster our resolve as it did with LDL.

Julie :rose:
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

julie409 wrote:HI GEM,
Anyway, I always said I am the perfect weight for someone 6'10 and a man!

I think I have sabotaged myself when I get down to around 145 bc everything seems to be hanging in the wrong place. So I was much thinner but still not comfortable with myself. It is a happy thought that I could achieve being comfortable in my own skin. 

Anyway, I am game!  Perhaps the support on the exercise program will bolster our resolve as it did with LDL.

Love it--if I could find an old geezer 8'7" I would be the perfect weight, too. :tongue:

And thank you for the chuckles when you wrote about all the skin hanging in the wrong place.  It reminded me of the day not so long ago when I was having an earnest discussion with my sister (age 55) about the importance of doing monthly breast self exams.  She gave me this really scathing look and said, "For your information I do a breast exam at least half a dozen times a day."  I must have looked flabbergasted, because she couldn't keep a straight face and started laughing.  "Yeah, the girls hang so low now that every time I unzip my jeans to potty, there they are, and I have to shove them out of the way."  :blush: :D What a fun memory.

Back to T-Tapping, we really don't need another thread, do ya'll think?  We could just keep this one running and then any new members could just take it from the top and know exactly what's going on before they jump in.  As for me, I like the notion of us supporting each other.  I'm going to treat this as a self improvement program.  I'm actually going to do the before and after measurements/picture thing, not just as a motivator, but to remind me that I have made a commitment to better health. 

We're all gonna have fun.  Let's get going...shuffle-ball-change... ;D
GEM
bethp

Post by bethp »

Hi, Gem! I was really motivated to start back t-tapping again so I could report back to you. I'm off on Wednesdays so I woke up pumped up to do T-tapp. I was all set up, DVD in player, had on my tennis shoes, workout clothes, you know, the works.....and the rate limiting step>>>>>>>>I CAN'T FIND THE REMOTE TO MY DVD PLAYER!!! I was so bummed out...I started cleaning out drawers, even under the bed and I still havn't found it! So hopefully by Saturday I can start with everybody else when I find the remote!  :'(
Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Gem,

That was really funny - about your sister  :D

I think we already have our thread - no reason to start a new one. We are good to go! 
Ready  :rolleyes: set  :) T tapp  :laughing:

Have a great night!

Gemini the Younger

bethp wrote:Hi, Gem! I was really motivated to start back t-tapping again...I CAN'T FIND THE REMOTE TO MY DVD PLAYER!!! I was so bummed out...I started cleaning out drawers, even under the bed and I still havn't found it! So hopefully by Saturday I can start with everybody else when I find the remote!  :'(
Beth

Poor Beth!  Sounds as if you got in a workout anyway, just not T-Tapp.  :laughing:  While you're looking for your remote, I'll be out shopping for some serious LYCRA active wear.  I could get by in my sweats as far as room to move, but I think I'm gonna need the elastic rebound/recoil action of the LYCRA to keep my limbs snapping back into place, 'cause my current muscle tone sure cain't do it!  :laughing:
Gemini the Younger

julie409 wrote:
I think we already have our thread - no reason to start a new one. We are good to go! 
Ready  :rolleyes: set  :) T tapp  :laughing:

We are on it!!! The emergency carpenter I just hired is pretty sure he can get the floor reinforced before Saturday so I don't crash through it in the heat of T-Tapping...but just in case, I'm posting all of my medical info on the fridge. ;)
GEM
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Gem,

You are precious  ;D (get it?)

(I wonder how many of these are in me?)

You made me laugh out loud - that's good exercise in itself.  *love*

I am sure we will be graceful as swans as we begin leaping  (Bang! Crash!) across the floor (Oooopphh!) or at least shrugging our shoulders (ooowww). That's all it looks like she is doing on the video. I know, I know - deep muscle movements. I will have to go deep to find my muscles buried beneath the layers of ---  :shock: no, no, no - I won't say it! 

I am going to my grandson's Pre K graduation tomorrow and am bringing him a turtle as a gift  :rolleyes: I am thinking I should let him pick it out cause if I buy it tonight and leave it in the car to surprise him after the ceremony, I might find it belly up.  I have no idea if it can stand the heat in the car. (Hey, is turtle allowed on LDL?  Just kidding! HMMMM)

Julie  :rose:
bethp

Post by bethp »

Gem, you are too funny! Folks will be knocking on my pharmacy door to find out why I am laughing out loud in here!
But the sad thing is I still haven't found that darned remote. I may just have to swap out DVD players! Now there's a plan! OK I will be ready by Saturday.  :thumbsup:
Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey all you LDL T--Tappers
(sounds like a secret society)  :kiss:,

I ordered the book with the DVD in it from B&N and it came to $12.92 w/o tax. Not bad!  :thumbsup:
If you look on line the price is usually less than the store but you have to pay shipping.
What I just found out ---- if you call the store and order it to ship to the store, you will get the on line price if you pre pay + your member discount if you are one. I never know that and could have saved a lot of money over the years. Coulda...woulda...shoulda...moving on.

Getting ready to start tomorrow. Being the over achiever that I am I will probably try it tonight to see what it is like.
G-- forbid I should make a mistake in the privacy of my own living room. Could I possibly put more pressure on myself?  *grrr*

bethp

Post by bethp »

Ok, I'm ready!!! I found the remote!!  :thumbsup:  Have to go to bed soon since I have to work tomorrow.  :thumbdown: but I don't work many Saturdays so its ok. I'll let you know.
I am really geared up this time! Wed. was just the trial run...LOL!
Thanks, Gem...for the laughs and the motivation!
:rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I am ready to start tomorrow too, yippee!  I am up in the middle of the night, can't sleep.  I had a very hard day at work, came home and crashed on the couch, and woke up at 1am, yikes!  So, I decided to make wise use of my time by coming in here to get pumped about LDL and TTapp!  Don't forget to start with taking measurements so you can track your inch loss.  I am going to measure and wait a couple of weeks to measure again.  I only have a scale addiction not a measuring tape one, lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
bethp

Post by bethp »

Good morning, fellow T-tappers!! I did it. I am back in the groove again, well so to speak. Tomorrow I am going to review the training part again when I have more time. I was a little slow on the uptake on some of the moves!! Unfortunately, doing the hoe downs shows a lack of coordination AND practice makes perfect so I am on for tomorrow! Have to get ready for work now! AND I feel good! Thanks, Gem, for starting this thread. Another piece of divine intervention!
Have a great day!!! Blessings, everyone!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I am ready to go too!  :thumbsup:

I ordered the book from B&N yesterday but I will follow the instructions on the site and see how that goes. the science behind it sounds correct. I think that getting my body to move --not only on the outside but on the inside -- has to be a good way to go. :D

Kathie,
Sorry you couldn't sleep. I know what that's like. Hope you can take a nap later.  :yawn:
Thanks for the reminder about the measurements. I wasn't even focused on that!

Bethp, so glad you found your remote.  Where the heck was it hiding?  *evil*  What hoe downs are you talking about?  Hmmmm...There must be more to this program than shrugging your shoulders. I guess when I get the DVD, I will get to see the whole program --- or is that in a different DVD?  Or do you want to make a video of you dancing and send it my way??? ;D  Any time there is dancing, you can count me in. But I didn't see any of that on the web site. Am I missing something? 

Thanks to all of you (Esp Gem for bringing op the topic) for opting to do this together. It will be great fun to see how this goes.

Love you all,
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

No dancing in this Julie.  It is controlled movement that works your core.  But, you do get good results and quick results.  Hoe downs are one of the moves...very powerful!  I read that doing them even controlls blood sugar in diabetics.  However, they do require balance....not my forte.  But, making your self balance, works the core muscles.  I remember last time I was doing ttapp, I just let my foot hit the ground for balance when I needed to and still got the results.  Why or why did I ever quit doing ttapp?!?!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Gemini the Younger

Palm Pilot "To Do" Entry:  Check T-Tapp site for availability of remedial Program.
We are just the baddest girls!  I'm so proud and happy for all of us.  We did it.  Day One.  *woot* *woot* *woot*
The only problem I had was poor coordination, which tells me how much I need this program.  When I got to some of the upper body movements I had difficulty following the sequence of moves.  I watched the dvd several times without doing the exercises to just get the choreography down, but I still had difficulty with implementing.  Since form is so important, I asked my daughter to spot me and correct my movements.  That helped.  And as she said, it's about learning the routines and doing them properly, rather than being able to complete the entire workout in 15 minutes flat.  It will take this old girl some time to get the exercises down, but it will come. 

That said, the workout was easily within my endurance, mobility, age and weight capabilities, and it felt great to feel my creaking old body coming to life--I visualized a rose bush stretching for the sun after a long, dark winter.  It was exciting to learn that my body will still respond to increased demands, and my mood was more positive, my emotions uplifted knowing that good things are happening inside me.

I did the body measurements using the placement chart on the T-Tapp site, and even had photographs (though I won't look at them until after the first month.)  I held today's newspaper with the date visible so I can document the actual time frame between measurements.  I'm so happy to be on this new journey with all of you, my friends.  It's all about synergy:  I am stronger and more likely to succeed because of you.  This synergy will help all of us, I think, because even when we sometimes are willing to let ourselves down, we won't let down a friend.  Here's to our growing friendship.  Cheers!  Yes, we can! :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

AMEN, SISTER!  :angel:

Yep, I certainly would not be doing these fa - ca - ca exercises if you and Kathi weren't doing them too! (Anyone else out there, anyone?) Misery does certainly love company!  All that arm swinging was making me dizzy. I didn't get the book yet so I am following the exercises on the web site. Hopefully I will get the form down while waiting for the book. (Yeah- right!)

I tell you, some of those moves just seem unnatural to me. When I went to reach down, my chest was in the way so I didn't get very far. It's a good thing I had a bra on - wouldn't want to think of what else could be swinging besides my arms if I turn too quickly.  :shock: How tall is Theresa?  I am height challenged - only 5'3'. Maybe there is a height requirement "You have to be this high **** to T Tapp."

The moves are really challenging if you are following the correct form. I can really see how they will do what she claims. When I did Callenetics years ago - a similar program - my body just sucked in. And you are right Gem, I probably would have bugged out if I wasn't in it with you all. I would not like to let down my new friends.

How may times a week are we supposed to do this?  3?  Wow, LDL and T tapp --- couldn't get any better than this. Our bodies must be wondering what the heck is going on.

Gemini the Younger

julie409 wrote:AMEN, SISTER!   :angel:
I tell you, some of those moves just seem unnatural to me. When I went to reach down, my chest was in the way so I didn't get very far. It's a good thing I had a bra on - wouldn't want to think of what else might be swinging...
Julie   :rose:

Please, Julie, I'd hate for you to be sent to Sensitivity Training Camp here at Skinnytown.  But that's what's going to happen if you don't start showing some empathy for your small bosomed friends.  Surely you realize that it's possible for a plus size woman to have minus size breasts?  It's a painful anguish I suffer knowing that the only reason I wear a bra at all is to tell my front from my back (it's hard to remember without those bountiful twin peaks;) to carry my car keys and a few bills of "mad money" (and I still have room for my cell phone, my workout togs, and a couple of tangerines;) or simply to ward off sickness in the winter time (though without proper landmarks, more often than not I end up with a head cold instead of a chest cold.)  I've worn a training bra since prepuberty and I'm still not in shape.  I guard my growth buds with all the protectiveness of a lioness for her cubs, believing with my whole being that any day they will blossom.  And still, nothing.  "Pendulous" is just a word in my vocabulary, so please, Julie, have a care when you brag about your blessings.

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Gemini the Younger on June 8th, 2009, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
bethp

Post by bethp »

Yes, Gem, I agree. I am a 5'3" short torso, not well endowed but it's okay because life is good! Day two for t-tapping. I can tell today when I came down the stairs after t-tapping my legs were wobbly! But like I said, its all good!! It did help some to go back thru the training video. It amazes me that the heart rate can get increase and the body get tired and not be doing a lot of prancing and dancing but stretching!! But I do think already it has helped the tension in my neck, back and shoulders! Actually, I know it has. My neck is not popping and cracking like it was!!

Oh, by the way, the remote was in my daughter's room. I found it when I went in there to switch out DVDs. And they are different brands...go figure! Any I am on the T-tapping, LDL train!!!  Loving LDL life!!!  *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OK ladies,

Don't gang up on me.  :stop: Didn't think it was bragging - more like lamenting. At least you can go out of the house without strapping a suspension bridge around you.

Anyway, I am glad they are healthy, and yours too-- whatever size they may be. (OK this is officially getting weird.)

Hey Beth, how many times a week are we supposed to do this?  My book is on order.
So glad you have already felt some relief in you neck.  :thumbsup:

Have a great Sunday!

Oh and if you haven't tried the whipped frozen bananas - you are in for a real treat - seriously, I just went out and bought 2 bunches.  *love*