Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Gemini the Younger

Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

Post by Gemini the Younger »

I have been reading positive things about this program and wondered if any of you T-Tapp?  If so, will you please share your thoughts and experiences?

Thanks,
GEM
bethp

Re: Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

Post by bethp »

Good morning, Gemini! I was doing T-Tapp but got sidetracked. I really like it. She has core exercises that can be done in 15 minutes. Now that you have brought this to the forefront of my brain, I intend to start again. I have a friend who does this every morning and she is one of those teeny tiny ladies who wanted to tighten up. It worked for her. I really felt good when I was doing this, especially first thing in the morning. She has a website that has some demos on it to try it first. I'll let you know as soon as I get started again.
Have a good day!
Beth
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

I've never heard of it.  I'm going to google it to see what it is.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Gem,

No, I have never heard of this and I thought I had heard it all. What is it?

I do have Hip Hop Abs and have so much fun doing it. But I don't seem to last more than 2 days in a row with it. I do try to exercise everyday since I sit at my PC and phone for really long hours and without some exercise I would balloon up even more. I am also doing (sporadically) a great program developed by Mitch Gaylord the Olympian gymnast that uses a 2 lb medicine ball. There is a 10 minute program along with the others that really seems to get at the right muscle groups. I am praying that as I drop more weight, I will gain more energy and then more focus on the exercise.

I also have a glider that I use almost daily for at least 20 minutes. It takes the edge off with no impact and moves the largest muscle groups (legs and butt). It really helps me to destress from my day and I can watch TV while I am on it.

Take care,
Julie :rose:
photojenics
New, but learning

Post by photojenics »

Gem,

I research T-Tap a few years ago. I ended up staying with Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDs. A big reason for me is that it was easier to control the intensity of the workout. Plus, I can rent quite a few of them through Netflix and keep the routines fresh and varied. My favorite disks are her blue "Express" workouts (uses stretchy bands for resistance), and her new Five Day Slim (also adds some resistance training).
Jen in N TX

Gemini the Younger

bethp wrote:Good morning, Gemini! I was doing T-Tapp but got sidetracked. I really like it. She has core exercises that can be done in 15 minutes. Now that you have brought this to the forefront of my brain, I intend to start again. I have a friend who does this every morning and she is one of those teeny tiny ladies who wanted to tighten up. It worked for her. I really felt good when I was doing this, especially first thing in the morning. She has a website that has some demos on it to try it first. I'll let you know as soon as I get started again.
Have a good day!
Beth

Thanks, Beth...

I think I'll order the DVD, especially after reading the mention in the June 1 issue of People.  Let me know when you start again...and I'll start with you.

GEM
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

I bought a flirty girls dvd not too long ago.  It is a lot of fun.  It is difficult for me to do floor exercises because my cats want to join in the fun by biting my feet.  They know how to open doors so putting them in another room isn't an option, either.

When I get about 20 pounds off and feel more confident with this program I'm going to do bellydancing.  I took one class last summer and it was fun and the instructor said I was really good at it. 
Gemini the Younger

massageangel wrote:I bought a flirty girls dvd not too long ago.  It is a lot of fun.  It is difficult for me to do floor exercises because my cats want to join in the fun by biting my feet.  They know how to open doors so putting them in another room isn't an option, either.

When I get about 20 pounds off and feel more confident with this program I'm going to do bellydancing.  I took one class last summer and it was fun and the instructor said I was really good at it. 

Hey...I should be good at belly dancing!  I've got enough "raw talent" (read fat) to set any Sultan to salivating. :drool: My only hold back is that I can't afford a jewel big enough to fill my navel...it'd have to be about 100 carats to show up at all.  Now I'll tell you something even my children don't know...  I just bought an instructional video on authentic hula dancing.  I have so much saggy skin under my arms my little granddaughter said, "Mimi!  When you swim you look just like a stingray!"  :shock: :laughing:  So I thought practicing all the arm movements that go along with hula dancing might firm me up.  Can't you just picture me...arms doing the hula, hips belly dancing, legs T-Tapping...all you mothers reading this--cover your children's eyes.  GEM's dancin' the Hootchie Mama Cootchi!
lisu

Post by lisu »

I'm sorry to say I t-tapped for three months with no improvement whatsoever.  Hopefully you'll be one the success stories she features.  Good
luck!
Gemini the Younger

lisu wrote:I'm sorry to say I t-tapped for three months with no improvement whatsoever.  Hopefully you'll be one the success stories she features.  Good
luck!

Thanks for the input and good wishes.

Welcome!

GEM
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I was a ttapper and even met Theresa Tapp!  I had tremendous inch lost in the 30 days I did it.  Then I fell away from it and can't remember why.  I guess I just get so busy during the school year (I am a teacher.) and I like to be outdoors in the summer, so I walk/run then.  I am thinking I need to get this out again and give it another whirl.  I'll let you know how I make out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

my dil uses ttapp, and although it interested me, I found the prices way to high for something I was'nt sure would work.
Gemini the Younger

turkkm wrote:I was a ttapper and even met Theresa Tapp!  I had tremendous inch lost in the 30 days I did it.  Then I fell away from it and can't remember why.  I guess I just get so busy during the school year (I am a teacher.) and I like to be outdoors in the summer, so I walk/run then.  I am thinking I need to get this out again and give it another whirl.  I'll let you know how I make out.

Come join Beth P and me...between the inches and the pounds, we'll really be racking up the good numbers and lowering the bad, like BMIs.

GEM
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

OK Gemini...I'm in!  However, this is the last week of school where I teach and I work 12 hour days typically this week.  So, truthfully, I will start TTapp on Saturday.  We should start a thread so we can record our progress.  What do you think? Take measurements at the beginning and then record progress in inches lost.  Kathie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I am totally in the dark here. What is TTap? 

:rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

It is exercise movements/routines developed by Theresa Ttapp.  You can search the site and read about it.  I think she was in a physical therapist type profession before developing Ttapp.  http://www.t-tapp.com/
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks so much for the link Kathi  :kissed:, and thanks also for bringing up this subject, Gem  :kissed:.

This sounds very interesting. I especially like the fact that she addresses the skin issue. This has been a real concern for my whole life. In addition to that, the affect that some of the users say that the program has on overall health would be a great bonus. I have some auto immune issues and this could help to halt any progression.

Kathi, did you notice your skin tightening?  How about more energy?  I am really interested in this.

Thanks again,

Julie  :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Kathi,

I saw that there is a lot of info on the web site - Try before you buy.  Do you think there is enough info there to start the program? I would love to join you guys on your quest for lost inches.

I used a program like this a long time ago. It was called Callenetics which was before Pilates but used the same principles - small movements that target big muscle groups. It was the only thing that really helped to tone and tighten. But the program was intense and took about 45 minutes to do.

Let me know what you think if you have a minute.

Thanks, Julie :rose:
Gemini the Younger

julie409 wrote:Thanks so much for the link Kathi  :kissed:, and thanks also for bringing up this subject, Gem  :kissed:.

This sounds very interesting. I especially like the fact that she addresses the skin issue. This has been a real concern for my whole life. In addition to that, the affect that some of the users say that the program has on overall health would be a great bonus. I have some auto immune issues and this could help to halt any progression.

Kathi, did you notice your skin tightening?  How about more energy?  I am really interested in this.

Thanks again,

Julie   :rose:[/rpse]

Hey Kathi and Juli...and BethP...

I wasn't sure I wanted to invest that heavily in the program...the dvd's can be pricey, and I'm always getting super enthused about some new program for the physically phffft...but after visiting the site, I bought the book, "Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes," which includes a DVD, for only $12 from Amazon.Com.  It says you can succeed at any age or weight or fitness level. Since you visited the site (www.t-tapp.com/try for the "try before you buy page") you know that Theresa Tapp is not just another celebrity out to make a buck.  There is real science behind her program, for example, T-Tapp is undergoing clinical reasearch at Memorial Sloane-Kettering Hospital for women undergoing breast cancer therapy, because it allegedly improves lympth circulation and decreases chemo side effects..  Since I am 62, I am very interested in the left brain-right brain, mind to muscle basis of the program.   I like the idea of working my brain and my body together--to improve and stabilize my mind and memory, balance, flexibility, and endurance.  What good's my great new bod going to be if I can't remember my phone number to give to all my new admirers.  :tongue: :D *evil* And I did notice the skin brushing program.  Seems like it's worth a try.  I wonder if you could find used programs for sale on eBay?

What about Kathi's idea of a thread for anyone interested?  Should we just putz around, see what we think, and how our bodies respond, before creating a thread?  Or should we just bust on out with our bad selves?

GEM
Last edited by Gemini the Younger on June 1st, 2009, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Interesting, I did callanetics years ago too. 

For the ttapp, I did the basic workout, which is 15-20 minutes.  To me that was a benefit, not time consuming.  Yes, the try before you buy would definitely give you results!  I had a magazine article that only showed a few of her moves and lost quite a few inches in a couple of weeks just doing that.  Then I bought the VCR tapes.  Yep, VCR....this program has been around awhile.  Then I got away from doing it, like I do with any exercise program I start, duh.  Then I returned to it briefly and got the DVD's.  It is expensive, so I only bought the basic workout, which is plenty for a beginner. 

I like the idea of the book with a DVD that Gem found and think that might be the best way to go if you are interested in trying it.  I don't have the book, so can't comment on that.  Just do the try before you buy on line first, maybe for a couple of weeks and see if you like it and will stick to it.  Let's not start a thread just yet.  Some of us need to be guinea pigs and try it for a couple of weeks first and report out our results.  I'll start this Saturday and let you all know. 

Oh yes, I almost forgot, I never did the skin brushing....it seemed like to much bother and not something I would stick to.  Besides, my skin was tightening just from the exercises.  I originally became interested in this because I was also very interested in the health benefits in addition to getting in shape.  I don't want to go down the health road my mom has and was trying to prevent that while I was still healthy. 

Teresa Tapp looks wonderful by the way....very young and radiant.