Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
bethp

Re: Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

Post by bethp »

Good morning, fellow T-tappers!! I had to take a break after T-tapping. Oh darn, I had to sit and post!!!  :laughing: I don't have the official recommendation on the number of times of week. I think I loaned my book to someone. I am trying to start most of my days this way. Yesterday didn't happen...it was a Monday thing, a lack of sleep the night before! But I'm back today. It amazes me that I can get a workout without all the jumping around and pretty much in one spot!! Have ya'll seen Charlotte's story on the T-Tapp site? The mother of 12 who lost 100 lbs. It is amazing and inspiring!!
Have a good day, T-tapping LDL ladies!!  *hug*
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I haven't been back to this thread for awhile.  I have to confess that I did not started on Saturday as I said I would, boo hoo.  :wacko:  My weekend and this week are getting the better of me.  Between visiting my mom in the health care facility and taking a class, I am so busy!  It seems I am doing all I can to change my eating habits and kick my scale habit and that is a huge effort for me.  Baby steps, I keep reminding myself.  I am not going to beat myself up over this and will start as soon as I am able.  I also am taking a class every day this week that I have to pack lunch each day, but the kicker is there is no microwave for reheating.  I am managing fine, but miss that "hot meal" in the middle of the day.  It is hard for me to make too many life changes at one time.  I am with you guys in spirit and will get on this train soon!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Mynx

Post by Mynx »

I'm in! Her website has a number of DVDs and VHS at half or more off for the old label - same products just old artwork.

Ordering stuff and will try on the website stuff tomorrow.
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

Mynx wrote:I'm in! Her website has a number of DVDs and VHS at half or more off for the old label - same products just old artwork.

Ordering stuff and will try on the website stuff tomorrow.

Super!  Welcome!  Eat your hearts out Rockettes!!! And thanks for the tip on the half price items, MYNX.  I'm headed over there now.

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mynx

Post by Mynx »

I think I read in this thread about the skin brushing. I tried to find one of her DVDs that had that added in but didn't. But I did http://www.youtube.com/ search for skin brushing and there are plenty of demonstrational videos there for how to do it if anyone else needed that as well.
bethp

Post by bethp »

Thanks, Mynx, and welcome to T-tapping LDlers!! I am going to search you tube for the skin brushing techniques. I was thinking about ordering that next. I don't know if its still true but she used give a discount on the third Tuesday of the month. I'm getting a little more coordinated and am very glad I started T-tapping again!  :D
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Mynx

Post by Mynx »

I found a whole bunch of natural bristle brushes at my health food store (Sunflower Market) and I picked up one of those to use. Did it this morning and it felt great!! I think they ranged from around $9 - $15 and had boars brsitles or natural plant fiber ones. I picked the plant fiber and the bristle strength was firm. Was worried that might be a little too tough but I think it's perfect. One of the videos did say you get used to it and at first it might feel a bit strong on your skin.
bethp

Post by bethp »

Thanks, Mynx!! I am going by Whole Foods later. I am going to check there. I need to stock up on Corn Thins!! But I will check out their brushes while I am there. Great idea!!!  :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Everyone,

I have not been on this topic for a while. I did try t - tapping that Saturday by following the sample exercises on the web site. It was very confusing as I don't think she wanted to give up the whole deal for free. She was in this tiny box on my lap top, and it was hard to see the movements. Anyway, I decided to wait for the book and then by the time I got that, the thrill was gone. I tried it again but still found it confusing. Maybe my head is not there yet. So I will put this aside for now and try it again a little further down the road.

I think the program will provide some amazing health benefits but I have my hands full right now lugging all the melons and squash home every week.  :wacko:  The science is sound and I am particularly interested in the skin brushing  technique. They swear by this in Eastern medicine.  And I always get edgy when I get down to "normal weight" but my body looks like it needs to be ironed.  :sad:

How are you all doing with it?  Are you noticing anything other than wobbly legs yet?  ;D

Julie :rose:
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

julie409 wrote: And I always get edgy when I get down to "normal weight" but my body looks like it needs to be ironed.  :sad:

ANOTHER reason to lose the weight SLOWLY...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Mynx

Post by Mynx »

I am on my way on my first "bootcamp" going to do my measurements today and I suppose I should take a photo too.

In the book I found it interesting how she had measurements to find out if you are short torso, long torso ec and what that meant for how you gain weight and what clothing looks best on you. I do not know what I am yet but going to find out :)
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

How are you all doing on this program -- notice any changes yet?

Julie :rose:
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Mynx wrote:I am on my way on my first "bootcamp" going to do my measurements today and I suppose I should take a photo too.

In the book I found it interesting how she had measurements to find out if you are short torso, long torso ec and what that meant for how you gain weight and what clothing looks best on you. I do not know what I am yet but going to find out :)

I should be ashamed to say it, but I've rarely trapped my body in front of a mirror and threatened it with a tape measure.  So I'm not exactly sure where the landmarks are.  But I found this on a copy of a copy of a T-Tapp brochure, and thought it might help anyone else with the same concerns.  At least I'll be measuring the same places every time.  Mynx, I will not be offended in the least if you put your gifted hands to these pics and work your graphic magic, a la the LDL T-shirts!  And yes, I'm seeing a difference.  Not ready for bootcamp, but yesterday I pulled on my favorite pair of jeans without even unzipping or unbuttoning them.

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
Mynx

Post by Mynx »

GEM wrote:

I should be ashamed to say it, but I've rarely trapped my body in front of a mirror and threatened it with a tape measure.  
GEM

lol that is too funny.

Putting on pants without unzipping/unbuttoning is a great accomplishment!! GRATS!

Your images are perfect. I'll post what they said about how to figure out which body type you are later today from those measurements.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Mynx wrote:
GEM wrote:

I should be ashamed to say it, but I've rarely trapped my body in front of a mirror and threatened it with a tape measure.  
GEM

lol that is too funny.

Putting on pants without unzipping/unbuttoning is a great accomplishment!! GRATS!

Your images are perfect. I'll post what they said about how to figure out which body type you are later today from those measurements.

Thanks Mynx...

And did you like the PC way she instructs to measure the abdomen at the hip bones, or hip pads:tongue:  Guess I can find that spot without a topographical map.  Who'd think it--Total Body GPS!

Come by the Front Porch when you can!

GEM

GEM
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Helllooooooo ttappers!  I am so sorry to be missing in action around here!  :'(

I am ready to be in boot camp, starting today.  I took my measurements and did my routine.  I am doing the basic work out plus hoedowns....takes about 20 minutes.  If I can't committ to a mere 20 minutes per day, than how serious can I be about improving my health??!!  This is the perfect week to get this good habit of exercise under way since I have a lighter schedule.  So, forgive my absence my friends and I am on board now!
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

turkkm wrote:Helllooooooo ttappers!   I am so sorry to be missing in action around here!   :'(

I am ready to be in boot camp, starting today.  I took my measurements and did my routine.  I am doing the basic work out plus hoedowns....takes about 20 minutes.  If I can't committ to a mere 20 minutes per day, than how serious can I be about improving my health??!!  This is the perfect week to get this good habit of exercise under way since I have a lighter schedule.  So, forgive my absence my friends and I am on board now!

Hi, honey!  You're home!  Welcome back. 

GEM

GEM
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks so much Gem!  ;)
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Boot campers unite!  Woo hoo, just finished day 2 and threw in a 10 minute walk too.  I am loving this and can't figure out why I ever stopped other than laziness.  I do the basic workout plus....which is the basic 15 minute workout plus hoe downs.  So, we are talking about 20 minutes of exercise.  What workouts are some of you doing?  I am determined to do 7 days straight in a row and report out my results.  Please oh please hold me to that!  Come find me in Kathie's Kafe` (my journal which I post to daily) if I don't show my face around here for a few days. 

What I usually do is try stuff marginally and then say, duh, this doesn't work.  How will I know it doesn't work unless I give it my best shot?  This plan is supposed to provide quick results, so I should see something even after only a week. 
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I went to the ttapp site last night for motivation and wow is it improved.  I had not been there in quite some time.  Do you all know that those are real success stories and not fabricated?  I met several of those people, including Theresa herself, in person at a seminar she did in Cleveland.  The little lady who reversed her osteoporosis is amazing.  She has doctor documentation validating her results.  She actually built bone, at over 70 years old, from doing Ttapp!  The thing that impressed me was that the people behind those success stories are all just normal people, not models or famous people.  They had to figure out how to make this work in their lives, struggle with poor form while doing the exercises, and re-motivate themselves, just like us.

I think one of the reasons I fizzle each time I get started with this, is that it doesn't feel like it is doing anything.  I mean the moves almost seem to simple to me.  But, when I watched the instructional part again on utube, I saw I needed to improve my form in a few areas.  Last, night I tried to do that and I could feel the workout more. 

Today is day 3 of bootcamp for me!  I plan to do 7 days in a row.  If that works out fine, I will repeat for 7 more.  Theresa does not recommend doing the routine daily after 14 days, but every other day.  The cool thing is that after you reach goal, it only takes 1 or 2 workouts per week to maintain it. 

I hope I have not given too much information here. I already said a lot of this stuff in my journal.  But, I though since this is the ttapp thread, that you all might be interested.