Cereal????

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
rodie

Cereal????

Post by rodie »

Can I have raisen bran or special k cereal? I just had bought 2 boxes before I decided to give LDL a try.My dh won't eat anything but honey nut cherrios or wheaties,so I can't pass it off on him,and I know my grandaughters wounldn't touch it either,lol!Also I spose if I can have it, I should eat it during the day,right?

TIA
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)

PS Had the pizza soup for lunch today,it was AWESOME!!!!
omigosho
New, but learning

Re: Cereal????

Post by omigosho »

Nope no cereal is the best way for at least a month until you get into the swing.  By then maybe you won't even want it..... You probably won't.  I think you are only supposed to have corn chex and whole wheat cereal with no sugars. only small infrequent amounts.  If you eat it it will make you crave more sugary stuff. 
Hope this helps.
I am still waiting on an answer to Fiber One Cereal as it has no sugar in it either.
Jennifer
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
mom
Master Member

Re: Cereal????

Post by mom »

I'm fairly new, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  I understand not processed cereals, if you really crave cereal you can use one like shredded wheat, also check out the ingredient list on the packages, if they have sugar, malt, dextran, dextrose, maltodextran or any of the other hundreds of names for sugar you should leave it alone.  I've started making a box of foods to give to the food bank.  I suppose I really shouldn't give foods away that I won't eat,  *evil*but I have a hard time wasting food. :blush: