Posting Pictures

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Posting Pictures

Post by Ginny M. »

I know this is not new, but I tried to post a picture and it said it was too big  :'( .  I am not that computer savvy to know how many pixels it is as it was already on my computer.  Does it have to be a tff file? Something else?  Please help.

Thanks,

Ginny M.
grambonnie5

Re: Posting Pictures

Post by grambonnie5 »

I am having the same problem. Also don't know much about how to shrink my pictures. Please help!!!
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
greenheron

Re: Posting Pictures

Post by greenheron »

I haven't tried posting a picture, so I probably can't address your problem specifically, but I can give one pointer.

You can see the details of any picture stored on your computer by right-mouse clicking on it, going down to Properties...on my newer computer I've got three tabs under Properties, with the file size on the first tab, and the pixel info on the third one.

When I need to make a picture smaller, I open up Paint....it's on pretty much all PC's under Accessories.  (Sorry, Mac users...can't help you.)  When you have paint open, click File, then Open, then go to where you have the picture stored and double click to open it in Paint.  When it's open, go to the Image tab, then to Stretch/skew or Resize/skew and then make it whatever % of what it already is.  For instance, make both numbers 25% if you want it 1/4th the size.  You can always click UNDO under the Edit tab if you don't like the result.

When you have an image the size you want, do File.....Save as....and name it something new you recognize.  Then try posting again.

Hopefully that was helpful. One of these days I'll post a picture of myself...I don't have any on my newish laptop.