BBQ

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
stephyanders

BBQ

Post by stephyanders »

Hi,

I'm having a BBQ for my birthday at the end of this month, and I wanted to see what everyone thought was good to have there. I'm going to splurge and have a steak (switch lunch for dinner sort of thing), and probably some grilled corn, but what kind of things should I bring? Does anyone have a tried and true BBQ hit?

Also, does anyone have any dessert ideas (gotta have something sweet on my big day!!)?

I appreciate your responses!
isthis4me

Re: BBQ

Post by isthis4me »

grilled vege's, grilled fruit ( to die for ) mock potatoe salad ( its in my journal I think or do a search for it

sweet ? fruit of course or pie
yes I said pie,

mash a bananna in a glass or micro safe dish
add tour fav fruit, ( I had cherries the other day) add some splenda and some cinnamon and nuke, it will bubble so watch it, and WALA it tasted just like cherry pie
you dont HAVE to have cake or other sicky sweet stuff, and trust me if you stay true on LDL by the end of the month you wont want sweets  :sick:
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

We just had this same discussion the other day.  :laughing:  I love BBQ's

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=5915.0
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by bethp »

Thanks, LP! I missed this discussion! It all sounds so good. I just found out I will be off the Fourth so I am going to plan an LDL picnic! Yay!  *woot*
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Beth,

Isn't it wonderful how much food we can enjoy on this plan?  Once I stopped concentrating on the few things I can't eat and started concentrating on all the things I can have I was in heaven!  ;D  Enjoy your picnic!

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by bethp »

Thanks, LP, I will....and I think you hit on the key. Concentrating on ALL of the GOOD things we CAN have, not worrying about what is off limits. The recipes here are endless. Everyday I find something else I want to try. I don't have enough time to make all the recipes, much less enough freezer space for everything. I may have to get a freezer!!!  :shock: I had to start eating what's in the freezer so I could make something else this weekend! I did try the soynuts and raisins tonight...yummy! Great snack to take to work!
Thanks again for your help! *hug*
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

and for those who are giving up bbq sauce, Mrs. Dash has a wonderful grilling spice, which I rub into steaks before putting them on the grill, no need for bbq sauce.  also cooked a roast on the bbq about 3 weeks ago.  was it ever good, it is done over indirect heat, turn one grill on, and place the roast over the other grill with a drip pan under the grill rack, it was so good, then served it with grilled veggies.  and dessert watermelon, either fresh or frozen.  enjoy your bbq