hungry after breakfast

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
a new me

hungry after breakfast

Post by a new me »

I love the smoothies for breakfast but one hour later im starving again. I tried the beans in them but did not like them that way. If i eat eggs for breakfast will i slow down the weight loss on this plan? I need something that sticks with me better.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq3jtO4/]
[/url]
niki
Administrator

Re: hungry after breakfast

Post by niki »

a new me wrote:I love the smoothies for breakfast but one hour later im starving again. I tried the beans in them but did not like them that way. If i eat eggs for breakfast will i slow down the weight loss on this plan? I need something that sticks with me better.

why don't you try eating the whole fruit for a few days and see how you do?......and eat a variety of fruit if you're able....to tell you the truth, roger told everyone they could eat eggs because he was pressed about it...i don't think he ever ate eggs for breakfast when he lost all that weight...but, if eating the whole fruit doesn't do it, you could try eggs........
i always love a big bowl of popcorn after i eat my fruit in the morning...once i was on let's do lunch for a number of months, i tried shopping or doing something to distract me so i could just have the fruit in my system in the morning(better for the metabolism, etc), which i did for a while, but i fell back into the habit of popcorn right after my fruit...........THEN, i feel full... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

yes Niki..i agree...pop corn is wonderful for giving that full feeling in the morning.  (But o've not been putting as much butter spray, olive oil and sea salt as i did on my first go 'round on LDL...)

Also, some beans or lentils can be good in the morning too..

I think the whole fruit is great in the morning, especially with a banana...i notice i don't enjoy apples in the morning but i love a ripe mango and pears are nice too.  I don't like grapes in the morning either but i love them at night...I'm the same way about cherries...i'm not sure why.  I think because i really want some thing heavy in my tummy in the morning...

Good luck to us all.

Heellllllllllp us Lord!

margo
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

A new me, my husband was feeling the same way so I started giving him 2 scrambled eggs every morning along with a grapefruit and he has lost 26lbs this month. But, he is an electrician and works out in the heat (Georgia) all day and has a very physical job. I was like you in the beginning but instead of eggs, I would just eat whole fruit. I wasn't able to do the smoothies and stay full until I was on it about 3 weeks.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
a new me

Post by a new me »

thanks you guys are wonderful.I will try the whole fruits and popcorn for awhile and see what that does. maybe the fruit alone will work after awhile. I have been on for about four weeks and the last time I checked I was down 13 pounds. For me thats much faster than on any other plan I have tried so im happy. also down a pant size. my husband likes to cook heavy meals at night so thats been a challenge for me also but im just trying to eat a small amount and save the rest for lunch the next day.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq3jtO4/]
[/url]
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

WOW!  13 pounds in 4 weeks? That's WONDERFUL!! Congratulations.....but what's better than the number, is feeling the pants loose around your waist....i can't wait to feel that again.  I'm only able to wear the biggest clothing i had in my closet after giving away all my big clothes to a friend when i lost so much weight on LDL before.  I REFUSE to buy more big clothes!!! 

Again..congratulations!!

margo
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

:thumbsup: Great job A New Me - keep it up. We are proud of you!
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi a new me,

I'm an egg eater too.  I don't do it all the time, but there are days I just wake up more hungry than others.  Maybe two times a week, sometimes three.  I still lose weight. 

niki I never thought of trying popcorn in the morning.  I'll have to give that shot too.  :)

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

electricj1316 wrote: I was like you in the beginning but instead of eggs, I would just eat whole fruit. I wasn't able to do the smoothies and stay full until I was on it about 3 weeks.

THIS is the stuff i like to know about...because i only really know what works for me.....that's very interesting that that's what worked for you.....
and how WONDERFUL that your husband is doing so well with it.....this way, after you've both shared a lot of good food, you'll both match when you're done losing...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Niki! I am so glad that Jason is doing so well too! He has never eaten this good in his life! And he loves it! He loves all the variety of foods that he gets now. He was used to me fixing him sandwiches for lunch everyday and I couldn't think of anything new for our dinner so we always had the same things over and over again. When I cook lunch I fix a plate for him and my mom to take to work with them the next day, so they eat a day after me, my kids, and my dad. Now with all of the recipes on here I use them and they inspire me to come up with new things on my own. I love ldl!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

electricj1316 wrote: When I cook lunch I fix a plate for him and my mom to take to work with them the next day, so they eat a day after me, my kids, and my dad. Now with all of the recipes on here I use them and they inspire me to come up with new things on my own. I love ldl!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:...niki
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

I eat corn thins with my fruit as if it was toast.  On the mornings I have to work the farmers market it town I do have a hard boiled egg it seems to get me thru the morning. 
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]