Suggestions Anyone?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Suggestions Anyone?

Post by Singing4Him »

I have a question - I was thinking about making Jerry's Easy Beef Stew for tomorrow's lunch - however, my husband purchased the Lipton's onion soup mix instead of the Campbell's that is listed. I read the ingred. and there was sugar and cane something or another. Since I do not have this packet to put in the stew, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, may I just ask...just because the book has "switch the regular LDL plan to dinner on this day." - doesn't mean that I have to right? I can still eat my heaviest meal at lunch....this was just for idea purposes correct?

Thanks you guys for all your help.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
electricj1316
Master Member

Re: Suggestions Anyone?

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey Singing4Him! I can't find Jerry's easy beef stew so if you give me the recipe I might be able to help you. As for switching the meals, it is only a suggestion. You don't ever have to switch if you don't want to. I have only switched one time and that was because we were going out with some friends to a Mexican rest. and there are not too many choices without meat that don't have bread or cheese so we wanted to be prepared. So that way we were able to get the fajitas w/no bread or sour cream and they were great, we didn't feel deprived at all. I hope this helps and I would love to help with the recipe for tomorrow if you could get me the ingredients.  :D

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

thanks Tina. It is on page 152 in the red book.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

may I just ask...just because the book has "switch the regular LDL plan to dinner on this day." - doesn't mean that I have to right? I can still eat my heaviest meal at lunch....this was just for idea purposes correct?
Right Joyce.  You only switch it to dinner when you don't eat your heavy proteins at lunch.....or if you are strictly following the 14 day meal guide in the book.  Otherwise it's best to eat your heaviest meal at lunch.

I can't find Campbell's onion soup mix in the grocery stores here.  Publix used to have it.  It became a discontinued item and I stocked up then.  I have just run out but find I can order this from Amazon.
It's your choice to use the onion soup mix you have this one time or here's a link to make your own soup mix: http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5249.0
hth,
mrsj
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Singing4Him wrote:I have a question - I was thinking about making Jerry's Easy Beef Stew for tomorrow's lunch - however, my husband purchased the Lipton's onion soup mix instead of the Campbell's that is listed. I read the ingred. and there was sugar and cane something or another. Since I do not have this packet to put in the stew, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, may I just ask...just because the book has "switch the regular LDL plan to dinner on this day." - doesn't mean that I have to right? I can still eat my heaviest meal at lunch....this was just for idea purposes correct?

you're absolutely right....you can switch things around ANY WAY YOU WANT as long as you eat everything that's allowable, eat until full, and don't snack too much(which you WON'T do as long as you eat until full)
honestly, i wouldn't use either of those products.....the recipe i posted for pot roast soup is actually beef stew with some beans and more soupy so you don't have to add thickener......although, you can use beef bouillon and could thicken it with cornstarch....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

thank you ladies for both of your suggestions. Niki - I looked at your pot roast soup, it seems simple enough. I guess my fear is, if I don't follow this thing exactly...it won't work! I want it to work sooooooo bad, I am tired of this weight that I am carrying around. So, if I do not have a particular ingred....I worry.  Please forgive me. I know that it will fall into place, I just need to breathe, right? All I can say is...I am glad you guys are here. I couldn't do this without support.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Singing4Him wrote: Niki - I looked at your pot roast soup, it seems simple enough. I guess my fear is, if I don't follow this thing exactly...it won't work! I want it to work sooooooo bad, I am tired of this weight that I am carrying around. So, if I do not have a particular ingred....I worry.  Please forgive me. I know that it will fall into place, I just need to breathe, right? All I can say is...I am glad you guys are here. I couldn't do this without support.

EXHALE.............and donworryaboutit.............this is EASY......make ANY of your old favorites and omit the ingredients that aren't good.....post a recipe if you're not sure of an ingredient.....or, first put it in the search engine and see what info you can find on your own.......
i only made this soup that way the first couple of times.....i've been using london broil that i trim and cube, brown with onion, add water and cook...add whatever vegetables you want and have in the house.......you could make this with eggplant or zuchini or anything........i like carrots and white beans because it reminds me of goulash that my mother used to make......but, you can do ANYTHING you want and eat all you want...once the cravings are gone, your body takes care of EVERYTHING.... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..