Beans?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
meme5
New, but learning

Beans?

Post by meme5 »

I read about LDL in a copy of First Magazine and all of you make it sound great. Sounds like one of those too good to be true stories but I'm such a sucker for weight control plans and things. I keep thinking that I'm going to find the right one someday. I do have to say that I'm very skeptical about LDL because all weight reduction plans promise good results and not a thing has helped me except gastric bypass, which was just a fix for the moment.  Here's a question that I have not run across on the message board. What about "gas" with all the beans you eat? How do you control that?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsKmuA6/]
starlight0917
New, but learning

Re: Beans?

Post by starlight0917 »

You can buy Beano at any grocery store.  It works!
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

If you soak dried beans, dump the water, add fresh water and then cook the beans until tender (1 1/2 hours) then drain that water before you eat them you usually won't get gas.

RB Kayaking
Jerzygrl09

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

I'm going to buy the dried beans, soak and rinse, etc. in hopes that helps because I could fuel a rocket to the moon from beans.  :laughing: But I must say that after 5 weeks the terrible bloating I used to get from the beans is gone.

I rinse the canned ones to death and beano doesn't help me at all. I have often used Activated Charcoal tablets- which work great but I recently learned that taking those pills prevents a lot of the food nutrients from fully entering your system.
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

We used to put a TBSP of baking soda in our water when we soaked the beans to help remove the gas producing elements - whatever they are. Of course then there's always the ladder.... you put it in the pot of beans so the little f..ts can climb up and out.  *woot* :laughing: gotcha, Lynda
meme5
New, but learning

Post by meme5 »

jerzygrl09
I loved your answer about using the ladder.....funny!!!! I've ordered my book and am waiting on it to see if I want to give LDL a try. Why are beans so important and I don't think I would like my beans without the liquid they've cooked in. I Love the beans juice. Is that where most of the gas is at? Is that why you rinse, rinse, rinse?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsKmuA6/]
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

wants to feel better wrote:jerzygrl09
Why are beans so important and I don't think I would like my beans without the liquid they've cooked in. I Love the beans juice. Is that where most of the gas is at? Is that why you rinse, rinse, rinse?

when i found out that i could eat beans all i wanted on let's do lunch, i KNEW it was for me.....when my mother dieted, she NEVER ate beans thinking they were fattening.....i'm greek and i started eating home made bean soups with the vegetables sauteed in olive oil and i was amazed.........
they stabilize your blood sugars, they lower your cholesterol and they FILL YOU UP so that you're not hungry for a LONG time..
i usually use dried beans and i'll make a couple of pounds in my 4 quart pot or my 5 quart crock pot, eat for a few days and freeze the rest...#1..the liquid in the can has chemicals in it...#2 like you say, that's where a lot of the gas comes from....i de-gas my beans by soaking them overnight, then rinsing them in the morning, bringing them to a boil, rinsing them again and cooking them...........i honestly believe that beans are the main reason this really worked for me.........that's why i love them....and that's why they call me......
                                  the bean queen  :rose:
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..