Aduki Beans

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Aduki Beans

Post by CodingQueen »

Hey, has anyone ever heard of aduki beans? And if so, how do you prepare them?

CQ
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Aduki Beans

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi CQ,

They are little red pods of bean yummyness!   ;D   I can find them here sometimes in a can but most of the time if I want them I have to get them at the healthfood store and cook them myself.  I soak them overnight and cook them in my crockpot like any other beans.  I prefer canned.  I'm lazy.   :laughing:

They are also packaged as adzuki beans.  All the same thing.  You can buy them online here if you can't find them locally.  http://www.shoporganic.com/product/2663/beans_and_legumes  Hope this helps.  :)

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by LittlePrincess »

Mary we were posting at the same time.  :laughing:

(In Faith)  LP

Post by CodingQueen »

They were among another type of canned beans and I wasn't paying attention when I grabbed four cans...I ended up with three cans of what I wanted and one can of "that"...LOL..I don't want to throw them out if I can use them in something...I read the ingredients...organic aduki beans, water, kombu seaweed.

CQ
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Cq,
      Go to a Japanese recipe site. These beans are quite good. Maybe you can find some recipes there that you can adapt to ldl.  I have several cans left from a case I bought ,and gee I forgot I had them. I will look around for some recipes and let you know. I think They are used as sweet bean paste as a filling for deserts but not sure I will Look.
                        Judie
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

CodingQueen wrote:They were among another type of canned beans and I wasn't paying attention when I grabbed four cans...I ended up with three cans of what I wanted and one can of "that"...LOL..I don't want to throw them out if I can use them in something...I read the ingredients...organic aduki beans, water, kombu seaweed.

CQ

You have them in cans you LUCKY girl!  ;D

(In Faith)  LP

Post by CodingQueen »

LP, we like to buy as much organic foods as we can so I was in the organic section of Sweet Bay. I usually go to Publix but it wasn't on my way home. The brand is "Eden Organic".

CQ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Snowbirdie, I didn't mean to ignore you. I'm trying to read and work at the same time. Sometimes it's almost as dangerous and drinking and driving. I'd love any recipe that you can find. It definitely would be greatly appreciated. Also, I think I'm going to ask my neighbor. She's half Japanese. Maybe she or her mother might have some recipes that I could use and post here as well.

CQ
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Thanks CQ  :)

I'll check Publix and see if they have it.  I've never looked in the organic section there because of the cost.  But I'll definately have to check it out now. 

(In Faith)  LP

Post by CodingQueen »

LP, I know organic food is very expensive but my husband says that he he'd rather spend the money on food rather than doctors, hospital visits, medications, etc.  I suppose if you were to add up the costs of treating a chronic illness it probably would be more than the grocery bill. Anyway, I learned a long time ago not to even bothering arguing with him. He's going to do what he wants. Maybe that's why we've been married a long as we have. Everyone of our friends from high school are now divorced and it's a shame.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

LP, I had to stop by Sweet Bay again to pick up some milk and thought I'd grab some Black Beans to make some Cuban Black Bean Soup. I wasn't in the organic section but noticed they had their own organic brand among the others (Bush's, etc.). They were $0.20 cheaper than Bush's Beans.

CQ
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

CQ,

Thanks for the info hon.  I am definately going to check it out the next time I go to the store.  One thing I have learned in my life is to keep an open mind.  You never know what you are gonna learn.  This is good news!  :thumbsup:

(In Faith)  LP